Made a new Batch last nite Pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
Well I learn more each batch. I tried swirling again and this time I added my fragrance at the right time. I don't think I must have had the color batter high enough to go deep in the soap. I think next time I will just pour in the batter and the pour up and see what happens. My batter is not white but I don't want to use lard so I may never get a close to white batch. I don't mind though cause I love the feel of this soap.
Anyway here are some pics. Soon I am making a mold and cutter so I can get the bars the right size.
001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

I like how the color stayed on the top. Never swirled cp soap. I think I will try the funnel method.......

Yes, I love the color too! It's really pretty. And to frecklefacedfrannie - I'm looking forward to trying the funnel method myself!

Thanks, I used Lick me all over FO. It smells yummy. I had some liquid color I bought at Michaels but didn't have enough of the red left to really color so I added some blue to it. I need to order some color online so I can get some pretty pink and lighter blues and darker purple. I love all teh colors I have seen on this forum.

I understand why people sell it. It can get expensive if you keep the hobby going.

new batch ...with pics

Bama, I don’t know what you used for you soap recipe but if you use OO, CO, PO any combination of those mentioned and a little Castor O…like 5 to 8 percent, you can get really nice bars that are almost white and go from there with your color technique.
Personally, I like the color of your bars...they look great... :lol:
Jerry S

Jerry those are the exact oils i use but I never have any that turn out even creamy colored. They are always slightly tan. I used 30 oz of OO, 14 CO, 15.5 PO and 1.5 Castor oil. I added shea butter that was almost white at trace with a little powdered milk mixed in it and the FO. The FO did not have vanilla in it.. Any suggestions

your colored soap

Sounds like your on the right track for getting a soap that should be littler than what you show in your picture…I bought some fragrances from Peak candle supply and was concerned about the ingredient VANILLIN which I know if present in an FO will tend to darken the soap. I don’t know if Vanilla will do this or not, or if Vanillin is a derivative of Vanilla or the reverse.

Anyway, I emailed them with the list of FO’s they sent and they were good enough to tell me which ones contained VANILLIN. I still use those but am careful not to use too much if I want to keep bars on the light side.

I just made a few batches of soap for Christmas presents, no color using 45% OO, 22%PO, 21%CO, and 12 Castor…they turned out just off white. I did use a very small amount of FO... Peaks “Clean Cotton”, but didn’t add TD either to make it white.

Jerry S

I like the color you ended up with too! Very pretty. You mentioned shopping for new colors...I would definetly suggest tkb their micas are awesome and a little goes a loooong way. Also you said you might need to hold the color higher to get it down deeper in the soap, and it does look pretty on top, but if you want it throughout...you might want to try swirling ITP.

Your soap looks fantastic ... love the colour! I love the more natural looking colours for soap ... makes me feel that less chemicals have been used in the process!

What does ITP mean? I'm new to soaping and I don't know all the lingo yet. I checked the abbreviations and couldn't find it.
Thanks,
Anne

Back