Made a Lego machine that automatically manufactures my product

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aab1

Reaction score
I sell packets of liquid to be mixed with isopropyl alcohol to refill the cleaning liquid cartridges for Braun self cleaning shavers (which is much cheaper than buying new cartridges) and often sell over 1000 per month making it time consuming to fill and seal these packets manually.

For about 3 years I've been working on a Lego machine to automatically fill and seal them and it's almost done, the only thing the machine doesn't do yet is eject the filled and sealed packet once it's done. My next step is to make an automatic ejection mechanism.

You can see it work in the video below, near the end you can hear it say "Error sensor 3" which means sensor 3 detected the filling tube ended behind the packet instead of in it (sensor 2 detects if the tube ends in front of the packet) and therefor doesn't pump the liquid which would make a mess.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5xCSP5WFD4[/ame]

Once the ejection mechanism is done and the machine can run unattended it will save me hours and hours of work each week. I can't wait as I've been spending much of my time filling and sealing these packets for the last few years. I may also consider making an add on that applies the labels to them once everything is working.

I am in absolute awe! I showed my husband (a chronic tinkerer) and his mind was also blown. :)

Latest posts

Back