Mad Oils Stopping Selling Small Sizes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer, I have absolutely no info on it other than my memory... I know it did have phthalates (at least that's why they told me they pulled it for reformulation). For sure it has some vanillin, I got discoloration... I guessing 1-3%. Oh well, the hunt will continue.

It wasn't too sweet or too spicy or too raw-pumpkiny smelling. It just smelled like pumpkin bread coming out of the oven.

Snappyllama, I had a slightly different experience with Mad Oil's Grow A Pear, but I did mix it 50/50 with another pear scent, both of which I got from you. I actually quite adore the scent of the soap I made with them. The soap is described here. There were so many variables that could have affected that soap to make it set up so quickly, but at least it didn't rice. Plus I hand stirred that batch because I expected acceleration. Maybe alone Grow a Pear might not be as nice as in combination with Candlepro's Pearberry, but I sure do like it in this combo. Trouble is, I don't have anymore of the Pearberry to mix it with, although that's easy to remedy. :)

I'm glad you had good luck with blending it! I know different recipes behave differently. I saw a few reviews on MO talking about misbehaving for some, no problems for others. Pearberry and it do sound like a fabulous combination!

Snappy, does this sound at all like MO's Pumpkin Bread? I know there are limited fragrance houses in the US so often people carry the same FO's but name them differently.
http://rusticescentuals.com/Pumpkin-Bread.html

I've tried that one, but it is "rawer" smelling and sweeter from my recollection - if that makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up though! The search continues...

Was the MO Pumpkin Bread cinnamon-y? Or was it more of a yeasty pumpkin bread? FragranceBuddy has a Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread if it helps at all.
http://www.fragrancebuddy.com/cinnamonpumpkinbreadfragrance.aspx

It was lightly both?? I'm putting that one in my cart, thanks!!

Catastrophe, I'm glad you mentioned this. I just checked and discovered my order is supposed to be delivered the day I fly to DC. Of course I leave home at zero dark-thirty, long before deliveries start, so I'm concerned about my box of FO's sitting on my front porch steps for a week! Dang!

I'll have to call FedEx to see if I can reschedule the delivery. The online FedEx Delivery Manager is currently unavailable.

Joanna, CEO at MadOils responded to my email asking if the package delivery would require a signature or would it be left on my doorstep. (Signature requirement would mean they would not leave it on my doorstep, but would re-attempt delivery at a later date.) I explained why I was asking and said I would call FedEx to see if I could change the delivery date if a signature was not required. I was impressed by the prompt response from MadOils, if not by the less than gracious wording. "It will just e left on your doorstep, I suppose. We cannot be held liable if your package gets stolen, however. Perhaps someone can pick it up for you. In the future, please have items shipped to where they can be received."

Happily, the CSR at FedEx was totally gracious and helpful. He changed the delivery date for me at no extra cost because the online Delivery Manager system is still down.

I'm glad you were able to reschedule it! Joanna posted on one of their FB pages that they are working on catch up the orders, so I suspect mine will ship this week.

Carrie, have you ever carried the equivalent of MO's Pink Chiffon mica? They dc'ed it but I'm not certain why. It seems fairly popular. I have a small sample sized jar and it's a beautiful silvery pink with just a hint of peach. I just got one of yours (Summer Crush?) that I thought might be close but it's more peach/orange. Pink Chiffon is lighter than TKB's Pearl Pink and your Amaranth Pink. I think it would find a lot of use in make up and it's popular among the soapers, so i imagine it is soap stable. Any interest in carrying another pink or do you have enough variety?

Thai Sticky Rice smells just like the real thing OOB and in lotion! <snip>I'm glad someone offered to send a sample, since I only have 2 oz left....I've been watching this thread hoping I wouldn't have to surrender my last bit for the greater good!! Thank you!!!!

cerelife, please hang on to that 2oz until I have it in hand. This notice was posted on the MO FB page.

We sold out of a couple of FOs and had to give refunds sadly. We are not sure how the inventory glitched but we had to mark everything as sold out this afternoon until we understand the glitch.
Once all fragrances are filled (sometime next week), we will list all that is left. Sorry for the inconvenience but we didn't want anymore unhappy people charging us with torches. This has been an angry (to say the least) kind of week. Glad it's over.
Don't forget, Monday is a postal holiday so any shipments that did not make it out the door will have to wait until Tuesday (day after MLK Jrs b-day) before being picked up.
We will keep all updates regarding what orders we are fulfilling posted daily on our homepage. Please refrain from inquiring online or with phone calls... as this delays us further.
Thank you for your patience

I see you stirring the pot over there newbie ;) I also find it very interesting that Mad Oils hasn't responded to anyone's disappointment over this news. Pretty sure one of their new color offerings is batch certified bath bomb colorants which Carrie already has in stock! I'm also wondering if the new MO chroma colors are the same as Nurture's new crystal micas.

I just tested some chroma micas from a popular mica supplier, and they're nothing at all like Carrie's crystals. Most of them appear to have morph'd, but I only soaped them an hour ago. Unfortunately my cell camera is showing the soap as much prettier than it is in person, and it isn't showing the beauty of the chroma samples (and oh they are beautiful!) From the ingredients, Carrie's are definitely not chromas.

The Chromas have piqued my interest. If they are what I think they are, many of them contain ferric ferrocyanide? This ingredient will fade to nothing in soap, and is often used as a blue color additive for cosmetics. If this is in fact what MO will be carrying, this would in my mind signal a shift into the cosmetic (rather than soap) market. They are beautiful micas, but not soap stable. Catastrophe, did the micas you received contain this ingredient?

Newbie, Pink Chiffon has been discontinued from the manufacturer. It was due to low sales and they're not making it anymore. :(

Carrie, of the 11 chroma samples I have/tested, 4 have ferric ferrocyanide. If you don't mind, I will PM you in a bit.

Mad Oils to offer 4oz and 16oz

I have just read a letter from Jo on the Mad Oils website in their blog section and it she says that due to the comments they will include the 4oz sizes with their 3 small size sell events. Hope that helps some of the ones that have indicated 16oz was just to large. They do have cool colors and that is what I primarily use them for.

This thread has been heavily edited, could you please keep to the topic from the original post, thank you.

Apparently it is my posts that were deleted from this thread. I was approached by admin to become a sponsor for the forum as I was acting as a sponsor would. I asked to be directed to the rules of the forum regarding this, and never was. I was then told "I know you have employees so you can handle the small cost of helping to keep SMF going via being a Sponsor." That's not the point. I really like to be able to read the rules so they are not vague to me and I may follow them.

I then paid the cost of being a sponsor, and all my posts were STILL deleted. I'm sure this one will be as well. I apologize folks. My goal was not to solicit business, but really to help. I thought the information in thread was very valuable, and it's a shame it's gone.

Apparently it is my posts that were deleted from this thread. I was approached by admin to become a sponsor for the forum as I was acting as a sponsor would. I asked to be directed to the rules of the forum regarding this, and never was. I was then told "I know you have employees so you can handle the small cost of helping to keep SMF going via being a Sponsor." That's not the point. I really like to be able to read the rules so they are not vague to me and I may follow them.

I then paid the cost of being a sponsor, and all my posts were STILL deleted. I'm sure this one will be as well. I apologize folks. My goal was not to solicit business, but really to help. I thought the information in thread was very valuable, and it's a shame it's gone.

Carrie - Here's a link to the only rules I can find for the Sponsor's Ad forum http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56836. I'm not part of the admin team so it sure would be nice if they could confirm where you should be posting the info that was deleted from the thread. I personally feel it falls into the category of 'What can you offer us that we can't find on other supplier websites?' and that is taken verbatim from the link above.

Carrie - Here's a link to the only rules I can find for the Sponsor's Ad forum http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56836. I'm not part of the admin team so it sure would be nice if they could confirm where you should be posting the info that was deleted from the thread. I personally feel it falls into the category of 'What can you offer us that we can't find on other supplier websites?' and that is taken verbatim from the link above.

Thank you doriettefarm! This is super helpful!!!

I got deleted for asking if it might be possible to get a color discontinued some time ago by MO. They have no stake in it anymore so I don't see the harm in asking if it's possible to get it from another supplier.

I did not see Carrie's post as a "get rich quick scheme" either (looking in the rules to see why things were deleted). One supplier is leaving a pretty big gap in the FO market. Offering supplies 3 times a year isn't going to work for some soapers who may not want to or be able to wait for 4 months to access something, or people who want samples, small amounts or 8 ounces. For another supplier to fill the gap is basic business.

Or, do as MO's did and create your own FB group page using your biz name and Buzz or something. I personally contacted every FO vendor that I use and asked for dupes of the MO FO's that I use. The only one to get back to me with possible dupes in their lineup was BB. Start your own discussion. This thread is gutted.

Back