Mad Micas soap rainbows 🌈 (colour reference)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josianeg

Reaction score
Hi! I’m not sure if it’s the right place to post this, but I thought about it and couldn’t figure it out... moved

It’s not a company review, not finished soap... I meant it more like a reference of Mad Micas colours for my fellow soapers. ❤

I know the website has a picture of each of them in CP vs MP soap, but what I thought was cool about these pictures is seeing the colours all together in the same pictures.

Might be very Aspie on my part, but I know I enjoy that kind of things and thought I might not be the only one?

All pictures were taken outside in natural daylight on a cloudy November day in Montreal, so I increased the exposition a bit, added some warmth and removed a bit of contrast and shadows. The colours look pretty accurate on my IPhone’s screen.

First, pretty rainbow picture! 🌈🦄 Weeeee!!! 🤗

5C883222-A4F2-45B0-AC45-6E9DD6519217.jpeg

In the next picture, the micas were added to clear MP base* and go as follows (they are all from Mad Micas except the bigger bag which is from Nurture soap):

8F3B1D8B-AE9B-4594-A4E6-3D0000FE47CD.jpeg

Top row, left to right:
• Flashdance (MM)
• Northern lights (NS)
• Harold’s purple crayon (MM)
• Twilight (MM)
• Key west blue (MM)
• Blue tide (MM)

Bottom row, left to right:
• Strawberry moonshine (MM)
• Spicy tomato (MM)
• Always a bridesmaid (MM)
• Tequila sunrise (MM)
• Bright yellow raincoat (MM)
• Olive martini (MM)
• Crazy eyes (MM)

Observations:

2B928EAA-4727-4231-9E5B-4FAE2BF8F2C5.jpeg

• Spicy tomato is a pretty realistic red for fresh sweet cherries, even if the colour is a bit too warm. (It was my first time using micas, does anyone who if they behave like paints? Could I add a pinch of blue to make the colour colder?)

• I’m crazy ... about “Crazy eyes”! Such a pretty green and so shimmery in MP!

• Although “Always a bridesmaid” was in the oranges sample kit, it looks pretty red to me.

• Colour difference between “Harold’s purple crayon” and “Twilight” is hard to see in pictures, easier to see in person. The first has a really pretty shimmer that make it very interesting to look at.

• “Strawberry moonshine” would be a perfect bubblegum pink!

* I used both clear MP bases from Nurture soap and COOP COCO (in Montreal). Now I understand what NS means by “no sweat” base... the COOP COCO definitely isn’t. I’ll use the one from NS from now on.

** I was so excited to use my self made cherries silicon mold and even more when they came out! I made it with fresh cherries and made sure not to lay all of them the same way so the resulting fruits would look more realistic. Now I can’t wait to use them as toppers on the frosting of my first cupcake soaps! 🧁

Might be very Aspie on my part, but I know I enjoy that kind of things and thought I might not be the only one?

I showed your rainbow to my Aspie daughter. She said, "Oh, wow! That is awesome! The red one drives me crazy, though." 😊

Because it's cherries instead of dots like all the others. :)

Yeah, I agree. I almost didn’t include them in the picture for that exact reason (same for the purple - 3rd colour from the left - because I didn’t have a big ball of that one) but then I though the idea was to make a color reference picture, not artwork! 😂

Hi! I’m not sure if it’s the right place to post this, but I thought about it and couldn’t figure it out... moved

It’s not a company review, not finished soap... I meant it more like a reference of Mad Micas colours for my fellow soapers. ❤

I know the website has a picture of each of them in CP vs MP soap, but what I thought was cool about these pictures is seeing the colours all together in the same pictures.

All pictures were taken outside in natural daylight on a cloudy November day in Montreal, so I increased the exposition a bit, added some warmth and removed a bit of contrast and shadows. The colours look pretty accurate on my IPhone’s screen.

View attachment 51463

In the next picture, the micas were added to clear MP base* and go as follows (they are all from Mad Micas except the bigger bag which is from Nurture soap):

View attachment 51465
Top row, left to right:
• Flashdance (MM)
• Northern lights (NS)
• Harold’s purple crayon (MM)
• Twilight (MM)
• Key west blue (MM)
• Blue tide (MM)

Bottom row, left to right:
• Strawberry moonshine (MM)
• Spicy tomato (MM)
• Always a bridesmaid (MM)
• Tequila sunrise (MM)
• Bright yellow raincoat (MM)
• Olive martini (MM)
• Crazy eyes (MM)

Observations:

View attachment 51464

• Spicy tomato is a pretty realistic red for fresh sweet cherries, even if the colour is a bit too warm. (It was my first time using micas, does anyone who if they behave like paints? Could I add a pinch of blue to make the colour colder?)

• I’m crazy ... about “Crazy eyes”! Such a pretty green and so shimmery in MP!

• Although “Always a bridesmaid” was in the oranges sample kit, it looks pretty red to me.

• Colour difference between “Harold’s purple crayon” and “Twilight” is hard to see in pictures, easier to see in person. The first has a really pretty shimmer that make it very interesting to look at.

• “Strawberry moonshine” would be a perfect bubblegum pink!

* I used both clear MP bases from Nurture soap and COOP COCO (in Montreal). Now I understand what NS means by “no sweat” base... the COOP COCO definitely isn’t. I’ll use the one from NS from now on.

** I was so excited to use my self made cherries silicon mold and even more when they came out! I made it with fresh cherries and made sure not to lay all of them the same way so the resulting fruits would look more realistic. Now I can’t wait to use them as toppers on the frosting of my first cupcake soaps! 🧁

So just to clarify, have you added the micas to m+p soap, in order to then add colour to your own soaps? 😊

So just to clarify, have you added the micas to m+p soap, in order to then add colour to your own soaps? 😊

Hi!

I’m not sure I understand the question...

I made this colour reference to help people chose micas colours from Mad Micas. There is so much choice that one can easily get overwhelmed.

I made the balls for my “bubblegum” soap and before using them, I thought they were too pretty not to be photographed (that’s a recurrent theme in my life 😆). While I was taking pictures, I thought it would be useful for me to know which ball was which colour so I took pictures of the balls next to the mica bags. Having done all this, I felt like sharing the knowledge (another recurrent theme) with the other members.

I know the colours in clear M+P soap are the closest to the actual micas, and that in my future CP/HP soaps they will look a bit different and won’t shimmer, but that’s fine with me. 😊

Hi!

I’m not sure I understand the question...

I made this colour reference to help people chose micas colours from Mad Micas. There is so much choice that one can easily get overwhelmed.

I made the balls for my “bubblegum” soap and before using them, I thought they were too pretty not to be photographed (that’s a recurrent theme in my life 😆). While I was taking pictures, I thought it would be useful for me to know which ball was which colour so I took pictures of the balls next to the mica bags. Having done all this, I felt like sharing the knowledge (another recurrent theme) with the other members.

I know the colours in clear M+P soap are the closest to the actual micas, and that in my future CP/HP soaps they will look a bit different and won’t shimmer, but that’s fine with me. 😊
Thank you for clarifying 😊

Latest posts

Back