Mad MIcas shipping delays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Ordered from Mad Micas on Black Friday and order still has not shipped. Just a heads up for people about to order from them. Expect shipping delays. Ordered some FO's from Natures Garden on Black Friday and will get the package tonight. Sucks because I had something planned with the micas I ordered. I know its hard during these times but figured I would let people know to expect delays with Mad Micas orders.

Ordered from Mad Micas on Black Friday and order still has not shipped. Just a heads up for people about to order from them. Expect shipping delays. Ordered some FO's from Natures Garden on Black Friday and will get the package tonight. Sucks because I had something planned with the micas I ordered. I know its hard during these times but figured I would let people know to expect delays with Mad Micas orders.
They are short staffed due to Covid, on top of also having a huge sale for Black Friday - if you follow them on Facebook, they explain exactly why there are delays, and are doing the best they can. They have great products, and are very well know, but they are still just a very small business (I think they have 9 people total working for them, including the owners)

They are short staffed due to Covid, on top of also having a huge sale for Black Friday - if you follow them on Facebook, they explain exactly why there are delays, and are doing the best they can. They have great products, and are very well know, but they are still just a very small business (I think they have 9 people total working for them, including the owners)
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't complaining just wanted people to know so they can plan accordingly. We are such a "need now" society that sometimes its weird to have to wait for something for over a week.

I blame Amazon Prime for some of that mentality. We've gotten used to ordering something and having it delivered 2 days later. Waiting for a week to receive an order used to be the norm, and expected.

When the suppliers have a big sale, the order processing tends to slow down some. I noticed yesterday that Nurture is showing 6 days processing, when normally it is 2-3, and often less than that. I placed an order from WSP on 11/19 and just received it yesterday. Fragrance Buddy is the only one I didn't see a slow down in processing time.

I wasn't complaining
:) It didn't sound like a complaint, I just wanted to also give a heads up. On a typical week they get thousands of orders, they got approximately that same amount during just their Black Friday sale. So much so the sale kept crashing the website and they had to keep fixing it.

I got an order last week from mm. The website said that it hadn't shipped yet, then all of a sudden it was here. So there might be hope that you get it sooner than you expect.

But i also live close to them, could actually go there on my way to work if i needed to lol.

I placed a small order with them on the 22nd and received it on the 27th. (I didn't want to wait until Black Friday to order) I was surprised at how fast it came. In comparison I ordered from Scented Expressions and Make Your Own Buzz on the same day (the 22nd) MYO shipped out yesterday and SE told me they are going to ship it on Monday. So, (for me) Mad Micas was quick!

I blame Amazon Prime for some of that mentality.

Prime is about FREE shipping, not fast shipping. Before they started building all their distribution centers, a week was pretty standard, more if it was being shipped by a third party, forever if it was coming by boat from China (some stuff still takes forever). I easily pass a half dozen of the trucks on the freeway to and from work.

Admittedly I'm a little spoiled by having one of those centers just up the road from me. Sometimes I can get stuff the next day, sometimes it three days, sometimes it longer...depending on what I'm ordering. I ordered three items on the 30th...two came yesterday and the third isn't due until until the 9th. Of course, I do have one item that I ordered in the beginning of October...the boat is late.

Prime is about FREE shipping, not fast shipping. Before they started building all their distribution centers, a week was pretty standard, more if it was being shipped by a third party, forever if it was coming by boat from China (some stuff still takes forever). I easily pass a half dozen of the trucks on the freeway to and from work.

Admittedly I'm a little spoiled by having one of those centers just up the road from me. Sometimes I can get stuff the next day, sometimes it three days, sometimes it longer...depending on what I'm ordering. I ordered three items on the 30th...two came yesterday and the third isn't due until until the 9th. Of course, I do have one item that I ordered in the beginning of October...the boat is late.
I understand that, but Prime does mean free 1 or 2-day shipping on eligible items, which just about everything I order seems to be. Shipping does not equal delivery time, it just means items will be shipped within 2 days. Transit time depends on the carrier. It is rare that I have to wait a week for an item ordered from Amazon, except right now during the busy holiday time.

I was very spoiled when we lived in a community just outside downtown Dallas, about 20 minutes from DFW, where Amazon has a HUGE (yuge 😁) distribution center. Often I was able to receive same-day delivery, or at worst, next day.

Where we are now, the promised delivery date is usually 5-7 days at best. Still pretty amazing considering the sheer number of items, plus the widespread locations to which they must be delivered.

Latest posts

Back