M&P Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepibarra

Reaction score
Okay so I am really starting to get bored with just doing the usual bar or little round soaps.... I have done layering and stuff but would really try and get creative with soap... I know that m&p is not all that creative but if someone has a good way of jazzing them up, please share I would really love to do something beautiful or even goofy with M&P... I tried doing a cold cream bar and it didn't work.... Shows my creativity...LOL...

Wow, if you don't think M&P is creative, you definitely need to subscribe to http://soap-queen.blogspot.com. She has sooooo many ideas, projects, tutorials, etc.

There is so much artistically you can do with M&P. Another good site with video tutorials: http://www.goplanetearth.com/projects.html.

And one of my favorite things to do is going looking at other people's M&P on etsy and then try to figure out how to do it. :) There are so many super creative people there. One of the big trends right now is to make M&P that looks and smells like desserts. :)

stepibarra said:
I know that m&p is not all that creative but if someone has a good way of jazzing them up, please share I would really love to do something beautiful or even goofy with M&P.
You can be WAY creative with MP! That's why I love it! I make alot of CP but always go back to MP for some fun...
Here's a little inspiration. :D There are others on the forum that do AWSEOME things with MP!
SmallFish.jpg

Cherry2.jpg

Cake2.jpg

Fourkitties5.jpg

LuxAd.jpg

Visit your public library and go to the section for 668.1 (call numbers). I've seen tons of soaper books on M&P at my library, although Los Angeles has a very good library system and YMMV. I think the library is a source many soapers often forget about, but I strongly recommend you check it out. I've seen just TONS of ideas, and actually thinking of trying some of them myself.

You can be WAY creative with MP! That's why I love it! I make alot of CP but always go back to MP for some fun...
Here's a little inspiration. :D There are others on the forum that do AWSEOME things with MP!

Wow Lane thanks, those are some beautiful soaps...

Thanks Greg, I tried the Library, but didn't find much... I will check again...

Thanks Melinda I will definately check out the links....

I'm planning some M&P soon, but I plan to integrate the M&P with CP soaps in composite bars.

I wonder if anybody else is interested in composite M&P/CP bars.

stepibarra said:
Thanks Greg, I tried the Library, but didn't find much... I will check again...
Well you're in Houston and that's a pretty big city...

Heh, actually I just checked your library for you and they have your soaper books filed under 668.12: click this link

Here's some possibilities:

"Handcrafted Soap" by Delores Boone

"Natural Soapmaking" by Marie Browning "300 handcrafted soaps : great melt & pour projects"

"The handmade soap book" by Melinda Coss

"Soapmaking : 50 fun & fabulous soaps to melt & pour" by Joe Rhatigan

"The soapmaker's companion : a comprehensive guide with recipes, techniques & know-how" by Susan Miller Cavitch (primarily CP but a good book)

"Country living handmade soap : recipes for crafting soap at home" by Mike Hulbert (covers making your own base then milling it, but you could make the same bars with M&P)

If I were you I'd reserve Browning's book and Rhatigan's book right away. I can see that your library is like mine where you can place a hold request and have them sent to your nearest branch. Give me your library card and I'll do it for you. No, wait, I'm just kidding! :D You might consider getting a few more at the same time. I started out at my own library with about a dozen books then I kept the best and got some more. Our books are for 3 weeks with 2 renewals allowed, so I can keep the books for up to 9 weeks before I have to return them. If I can't learn something in two months there's something wrong with me! :D

Thanks Greg.... I am a little out of Houston, but maybe I can get down and get those books... appreciate all your help....

Lovehound said:
"Natural Soapmaking" by Marie Browning "300 handcrafted soaps : great melt & pour projects":D

i have that book. i love it, so much stuff to do!! :)

i have two other books by marie browning..."melt and pour soapmaking" and "natural soapmaking." some really cool stuff in them too.

I'm pretty sure I had Browning out of the library, glossed through it, then returned it because I wasn't interested in M&P at the time and just was curious what the M&P enthusiasts were doing. Besides, it was free. :)

I'm going to get a few M&P books again today or tomorrow because I'm thinking of doing a composite bar, a transparent M&P layer with a regular CP layer. Later on I'm going to try making my own transparent soap but this will get me a leg up on making interesting and unique bars.

Lane does AWESOME M&P - been a fan of her work for a while. :)

Marie Browning books are good, she usually has alot of packaging ideas in there, too, which look really nice.

Back