M&P Rice soap recipe questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Graham

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to make a rice soap using melt and pour glycerin. I'm reading so many different recipes and I'd like to try these ingredients besides rice:

cinnamon
powdered coconut
orange or lemon zest

Why, well let's say there is a desert based on rice (I think it's named rice pudding in English), milk and cinnamon on top, sometimes people add lime zest or coconut for decoration. I'd like to replicate the looks of it. Here is a link to its recipe with a picture http://www.perualacarte.com/recipes/arroz-con-leche/

Anyways here goes my approximate recipe:

100 grams M&P white glycerin
1 teaspoon powdered rice
0.5-1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
5 drops orange aroma
a bit of orange zest for decoration
2-3 grams (I have extra virgin olive oil)

Could that make sense? Would I make a monster? a common denominator I see is turmeric but I don't have any.

Attachments

• IMG_arrozconleche-1500x550.jpg
    IMG_arrozconleche-1500x550.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 19
I’m only wondering how your going to make it look like rice pudding? Seems to me like all the ingredients you listed should work and to me (quite a layman) the proportions seem right. If you use fresh ingredients you may need to research preservation at least that’s the case in cold process. Sorry if you already knew that. Al the best.

I see no monster. Try it and show us pictures. Practice makes perfect.

That recipe looks delicious! I'm normally not a rice pudding fan but somehow that got my attention.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I had no expectations that it would look like a pudding :) but a kind of homage to it. Actually it uses rice and milk but I still don't know how to use milk. Cinnamon and orange and even coconuts (even cloves) are for decoration and flavor on top... anyways... I'm attaching the picture.
Two versions, basically the recipe changed a bit:

100 gr white M&P glycerine
1 tsp or 5 gr ground rice
a tiny bit of ground coconut on top (actually I won't use it, maybe)
1.6 grams of olive oil, about 1 teaspoon
0.5 tsp, though I measure 1.5 grams of cinnamon
0.5 tsp orange zest

on the clearer version, I used 3 drops of orange color (colorant?). I decided not to use it as the other looks good enough.

I'm the worst photographer, I have poor patience for pictures :(

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 9.05.47 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 9.05.47 AM.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 11
Back