M&P question lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindakschickens

Reaction score
Ok I have used melt and pour bases until I decided to move up to making soap with lye. Tonight I just read a book that stated it's soap making method 1 was a M&P base to which you add lye,colors, fragrance/EOs etc. Maybe I'm just really dumb but last time I checked a m&p base did not need added lye am I not correct?

Yes you are correct.

Personally I would watch soap queen series. I would watch all episodes before you venture into making it. She is a very good teacher. Although I am sure someone will tell me I am wrong .:confused:

Remember watching a few of her bits when I wanted to do lye soap over 4 years ago before I moved from the USA. Glad I'm not the only one thinking that books info is wrong. Feel better about leaving it a neg review now. Also claimed lye does not cause harm or irritation to skin as it's saponified but we all know lye is harmful and that saponification takes what 2+ days for soap and then soap can be lye heavy failed to say that.

Just could not believe he said add lye to a m&p base for the love of soap.

That is crazy! on Soap queen first video there is an example of a chicken leg, with, or without lye .... just look at it. It freaked me out, and I will never forget it.

Back