Lye source?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
I cannot find a lye source that will ship to Hawaii. Does anyone know a supplier? I understand there might be a haz mat charge.

My only alternative is melt and pour. Disappointed. Can you mix melt and pour types? Are there some that have no palm oil? Is there any way to add oil?

I’m new at soaping and greatly need advice! Aloha

A website for soapmakers in Hawaii says they sell lye in 2 and 4 lb units. It’s for local pickup only. They’re in Honolulu and they also offer classes.
ou

Thank you for your help! Right after I posted, I found it at Ace Hardware!! I’m on the Big Island and don’t know many people yet. But the fellow who helped me from Ace knew Soapers ask for it, so there must be soapers on the Big Island somewhere! I’l post On the Newbie forum how my first attempt goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after I posted, I found it at Ace Hardware!! I’m on the Big Island and don’t know many people yet. But the fellow who helped me from Ace knew Soapers ask for it, so there must be soapers on the Big Island somewhere! I’l post On the Newbie forum how my first attempt goes.

I buy my lye at Ace Hardware. Glad to hear that you found some and good luck with the soapmaking!

I get mine at Lowe’s, but I’m on Oahu. I don’t know if you are in Hilo or Kona, but you can check the Kona Lowe’s or pickup some if you don’t live there and make a trip to go to Costco.

Latest posts

Back