lye on ingredients list?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's a good point. More talk is always conducive to making sales.

I really think that most people have NO IDEA what sodium hydroxide is as long as you don't call it lye. I think the chemical name is vastly preferable to the common name.

very true...and i plan on when i do start labeling stuff to include my email addy on there and be like any questions or concerns about ingredients or soapmaking process, please feel more than welcome to ask!!! :)

Even better, get yourself a good website. Have a contact form on your website. That's more professional. Go look at Lane's or SouthernEssence's websites for good examples. Even a less stellar website would be better than just an email address. IMO YMMV :)

Scotsoap said:
It's interesting to see the contrast between USA and European cosmetic regulations.
Oh wow! I don't see how you can even make soap in EU except to give to family and friends. I've been reading a bit on the differing standards and they look impossible for hobbyists and hobby-businesses to achieve, mostly due to the cost of permits and other red tape.

Latest posts

Back