Lye, lye, lye....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Yup, 250 pounds worth please! :lol:

Look at all that potential soap. 8) :eek:

lotsoflye.jpg

Paul :wink:

lol

I thought I had a lot when I got 2 bags that size. Mine will most likely last a lot longer than your 5 bags.

Happy soaping!

Paul,
Where did you get your Lye? Are you still thinking of selling to us "little people" ?!!?
And I think I am cool when I get to buy two (2#) cans of lye from Lowes! 8)
My s-i-l deals with 50 gal drums :? I can't even fathom that. I am just too tickled to be in my kitchen with my gallon jugs!!

Happy Soaping. I think we should nick name you "BUBBLES" :lol:

country gal said:
And I think I am cool when I get to buy two (2#) cans of lye from Lowes! 8)
At least I've got somebody beat, bought three 2# containers at Lowe's a few days ago. I looked at the oils I've got in stock and decided it would take at least that much lye to saponify that amount of oil. One thing about soaping, you buy a bunch of oil you're pretty much committed to making soap with most of it, at least the oils I'd rather not cook with. Anybody for chicken fried in castor oil? ;)

I guess Paul is a big lyer. ;) ;) ;)

I get looks when I buy 3 from Lowes. I'm sure I'd have the cops at the door if I brought that much home :)

Sonja

I'm imagining the theme of a new TV "soap" opera. "They met at Lowe's lye counter and fell in love at first sight. She's a soaper, he's a meth cooker. She fights grime while he incites crime. Can they find happiness together?" ;) ;) ;)
rofl.gif

Yea, I'm selling it to anyone who makes soap. :lol: It is $2.25 per pound, 8 pound minimum. I ship USPS Ground Flat Rate box, which is $9.80. I'll have it on my Etsy site by this weekend sometime. :wink:

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
It is $2.25 per pound, 8 pound minimum. I ship USPS Ground Flat Rate box, which is $9.80.
Is that rate subject to any maximum quantity or will you ship any quantity for $9.80? I'm not talking like something crazy, I mean like 10, 12, 15 pounds.

Presuming you're shipping in zip-lock bags?

I might just take you up on your offer since I'm planning on settling down and soaping for the next few years for sure. Might as well save myself some money over Lowe's and help you earn a profit too. :)

I just about fainted when I saw that picture! I bet that's enough lye to make soap for everyone in the country, and then some!

--Metal Substance

Back