Lye in the UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinkle

Reaction score
Welcome and im new too though i had been using the forum for a while and only just joined today :)

Hi Chris, please are you able to tell the best/cheapest place to buy coconut oil and Lye in the UK. Thanks!

I get my lye from hd chemicals they are on amazon but they do free delivery and its next day by courier. I bought 2 boxes of coconut oil from lidl when they were half price a few months back not looked else where since but i got a 500ml jar to try from sainburies the other day for £2.45 its ktc brand not used it yet but it says pure not sure if theres any difference iv not compared them yet. Iv got the rest of my oils ect from the soapery and everything iv bought has been brilliant and great customer service too. Thats also where i get my mica powders from. If you want help finding anything just inbox me and ill try help. I think iv found reliable sources for most things now. The lidl and aldi coconut oil are spot on tbh never had any problems and they are well priced even at full price

Thanks a mil for your quick response. I'm desperate for lye so will check hd chemicals out tonite and keep an eye out in Lidl for CO. I think that would be the unrefined type i'm after. I found a 12.5kg bag from Livemoor which works out at about £3.20 per kg but its refined. Not sure if it makes a huge difference in a bar though

Thanks a mil for your quick response. I'm desperate for lye so will check hd chemicals out tonite and keep an eye out in Lidl for CO. I think that would be the unrefined type i'm after. I found a 12.5kg bag from Livemoor which works out at about £3.20 per kg but its refined. Not sure if it makes a huge difference in a bar though

No idea on that one but livemoor is one the companies i use thats where i get my beeswax and candle dye from but i live like 2 min walk from a lidl so thats much more convient for me and im more likely to know when they are having offers on. Livemoor sent me a bag of lavender buds instead of lavender candle dye and said i could keep them so can tell you they smell amazing if you like lavender but apparently it looks like mouse poo in soap. Im going to fill little organza bags with the buds and give them out as little gifts and then make an infused lavender oil with the rest. Have a look at the soapery and iv noticed some things on livemoor are cheaper on amazon than on thier site so always check but orders from amazon via the soapery take like 3-4 days longer to get deliverded than if you order from their site direct. Are you wanting any fragrance oils?

Welcome and im new too though i had been using the forum for a while and only just joined today :)

Hi Chris, please are you able to tell the best/cheapest place to buy coconut oil and Lye in the UK. Thanks!

just found this from a quick google search might help you decide on what you want

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181212-231058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-231058_Chrome.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for your help Chris:) . Lol@mouse poo. I just got fragrance oils off ebay - trying to recreate one of the Lynx Fragrances in a soap.

Thanks so much for your help Chris:) . Lol@mouse poo. I just got fragrance oils off ebay - trying to recreate one of the Lynx Fragrances in a soap.

Supplies for candles and soap supplies (same company just different sites) actully do replica lynx and other scents like perfume. If you look up supplies for candles on fb they have a list of what thier replicas are actually replicas of lynx fragrances. the only thing i dont like about the site is the postaage charge is the same regardless of how big or heavy what you order is. they do free post over 100£ ill try find a link the the fragrance list. Iv got the majority of my fo from there and have never been disappointed by the smell of them

Back