Lye and aloe juice storage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaSoaper

Reaction score
Have been sick the last few days and didn't get to make soap as I had hoped. Left two premade batches of aloe juice and lye Solution covered on the table in a room that's not air conditioned. It's been about 80-90 degrees these last few days. The solution looks fine, no strange smell. Is it ok to use or should I just make another batch since it wasn't refrigerated? Thanks for the help!

Hi Momma Soaper! Your solution should be perfectly fine to use. You might want to weigh it before using, though, just to make sure it weighs the same as when you made it. If it weighs less, just add more aloe juice to it until it equals the weight that it should weigh.

IrishLass :)

Hi Momma Soaper! Your solution should be perfectly fine to use. You might want to weigh it before using, though, just to make sure it weighs the same as when you made it. If it weighs less, just add more aloe juice to it until it equals the weight that it should weigh.

IrishLass :)
Thank you for responding. I had gone ahead and made the soap and so far, everything seems good. See how it preforms after the cure. Thanks again IrishLass.

Latest posts

Back