Lurker no more!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:
I joined the forum over a year or so ago and I just lurked around. I don't come in that often but when I do I enjoy reading the post and catching up. I'm a bit shy but trying to get out of it. I started making soaps almost 3 years ago because I just got tired of not finding soaps without all the crap in it. So, my son convinced me to JUST DO IT! Just make it myself. Welp, been addicted to soap making every since. Funny thing is I had a soap making book for over 20 some years but was afraid of the LYE. Yikes, lye..no way i'm doing that! Lol My avatar is a picture of one of the soaps taken from a loaf I made my neice for her birthday. It was scented with Lavender & Lemongrass essential oils. This is now my first crafty love moving my porcelain scuptures to second place.
I turned 71 last month and the fingers are not as agile as they once were. But with soaping it doesn't seem to matter.
Alright, enough about me. I am happy to be a member of the forum.

I turned 70 in February so we're near. Welcome to the forum!
And yes, clumsy fingers are not such obstacle in soapmaking as they are in some other handcrafts. but there are somany left to prqactice that my day is always too short.

Back