Lumpy Coconut Milk Revisited

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candybee

Reaction score
I brought this subject back up because of an experience I just had today with lumpy coconut milk. I have used canned coconut milk for years and yes it does have fat clumps in it but nothing like what I experienced today. I have always used it with no problems but today was definitely different

This can of milk had clumps in it my blender simply would not blend away. The blender turned them into smaller clumps but they would not "cream" into a blended milk. I assume the milkfat just seperated while in the can and must have been that way for a while. Or long enough that I could not cream it with my blender the way I normally do.

So I experimented and skimmed off all the lumps and spooned them into a microwaveable cup. I had about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini lumps from one 10oz can of coconut milk. So I nuked it for a 30 second blast. Voila! No more lumps. Poured it into my blender and the coconut milk became creamy like normal with no more lumps.

So if you experience this you can give the fat lumps a short blast in the micro to fix it.

To the original poster who complained about lumpy coconut milk I have to say now I really understand where you were coming from. The lumps were awful until I got them fixed. Hope that helps!

Back