Lump of coal soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
Last year I saw some ADORABLE lump of coal soap pictures. I can't remember where I saw it though. Has anybody made a cute one and willing to share pics and methods?

Humblebee and Me did a video on making lumps of coal soap

(The only thing I would change is the glass bowl - good looking for video's, but polypropylene plastic (#5) or stainless steel is safer for making soap)

I use this method without the mica covering.
I also use more activated charcoal than she does, to give a darker (near full black) base.

A very dark black gives grey lather (it doesn't stain in my experience).
The soaps are easy to make and realistic!

Humblebee and Me did a video on making lumps of coal soap

(The only thing I would change is the glass bowl - good looking for video's, but polypropylene plastic (#5) or stainless steel is safer for making soap)

I use this method without the mica covering.
I also use more activated charcoal than she does, to give a darker (near full black) base.

A very dark black gives grey lather (it doesn't stain in my experience).
The soaps are easy to make and realistic!

Thank you! What do you scent your lumps of coal with? I'm a bit stumped on that...

Maybe a tobacco FO? I absolutely love tobacco mixed with a bit of plumeria, as recommended by @cmzaha. It gives a slightly smoky smell that is cut just enough with the plumeria sweetness that it is very unisex.

Or you could make it as a pine tar soap with added charcoal, and it will automatically smell smoky, lol.

Latest posts

Back