Low sweat mp base formula

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Khanjari :) are you thinking of making your own base as well? I see that you did lots of mp. actually, i'm making my own base coz where i live (indonesia) it's really hard to get a good base (almost impossible). to import from other countries would kick me hard on shipping :( so yeah, no other choice than to learn and make one myself.

Seven, I get the MP base for $10.00 for 2 lbs. I think if given an option, I would buy ready made low sweat MP base but going the route of making my own base will be Penny wise and pound foolish at least in my case !

I do appreciate you sharing the recipe though!

Just one question how much do you guys make at a time because I go through a high kilo rate this Xmas sold 500 kg of made soap

Interesting topic..congratulations for your successful experiment!! :thumbup: did you use it?? Is it still moisturising after reducing the amount of glycerine? It wud be a great idea to make your own base.

Seven, I get the MP base for $10.00 for 2 lbs. I think if given an option, I would buy ready made low sweat MP base but going the route of making my own base will be Penny wise and pound foolish at least in my case !

I do appreciate you sharing the recipe though!

i do envy you, khanjari. here, where i live, mp bases are hard to get... the good ones at least. i once ordered from a guy, the price was cheap, but it was dirty (i have no idea what he used as a mold, you can see the lil dirts inside the soap, yuck!). i've lost interest once i saw how nasty it was :(

Just one question how much do you guys make at a time because I go through a high kilo rate this Xmas sold 500 kg of made soap

my batches are small, 4 lbs at the most. i reckon, at your level, you'll be better off buying the base in bulk.

Interesting topic..congratulations for your successful experiment!! :thumbup: did you use it?? Is it still moisturising after reducing the amount of glycerine? It wud be a great idea to make your own base.

thanks shivani... i haven't test drive it in the shower, only at the sink. so far it's okay... i'll cut a piece and take it to the shower next and will report back :)

Seven, if I were you, I would have lost interest too. The ones that I get are really nice and great quality, I called the 1-800- number that was there on the back of the packet to see if I can order with them but they said they can only sell it to businesses and have to have a license :(

update, i ended up lessening the glycerin again. i ended up using only 3% from total fats. happy to report that it does not sweat AT ALL. 3-4% is my go to amount for now.

update, i ended up lessening the glycerin again. i ended up using only 3% from total fats. happy to report that it does not sweat AT ALL. 3-4% is my go to amount for now.

Great Job Seven!

Back