Love Spell *Cut pics*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_m

Reaction score
I finally had a decent and successful soaping! Yay!!! Here are my Love Spell loaf and cut pics

img_4040-99.jpg
[/IMG]

img_4042-100.jpg

img_4044-101.jpg

Oh, that looks wonderful! Very nice color, I like the light bits in it. Does it have a scent?

Yes it's a BBW (Or Victoria's Secret?) dupe called Love Spell. I love it! A bit sweet but citrusy... I've been hooked on it since I got this FO

Ah, okay :) I didn't realize that Love Spell was the FO in it. It sounds nice :)

It is. This was my first attempt at a tiger stripe.. I think it went ok.. I just didn't split the batch evenly so I had more pinkish-purple than white. Oh well it still looks good and smells awesome. I can't wait for it to cure, I want to use some now!

It looks beautiful and amazing, Shannon. Congrats on your first soap that you're happy with - don't forget it's all for learning! I applaud and standing ovation you! :D

Thanks Rock&Royalty... I was kinda going for a light purple, but I think this color fits the fragrance more. =)

Thanks Rock&Royalty... I was kinda going for a light purple, but I think this color fits the fragrance more. =)
Purples are so hard to achieve the exact shade you envision. Thats just been my experience though. I remember learning the hard way when making my first lavender soap. The color I used turned brown because it wasnt good for using in CP soap. The second batch I added the right color but it turned kind of gray. I didnt realize that I just didnt add enough! Now I know better and i can usually mix two colors together to get a few nice shades of purple.

Well I used a labcolor from BB and it's supposed to be formulated for CP, however it's "Easter Purple" which is a bit of a pinky purple anyway (my fave color is purple and I tend to like the blue side of purple than the red) so I kinda figured with the slight yellow tinge to the mix, it would be more pink and I was right. I almost toyed with the idea of doing white purple and pink and decided against it. Glad I did now (although I had PLENTY of time to play) because I think this turned out really good.

On a side note... I meant to gel this one but I ended up accidentally soaping at room temp so I put my mold on my husband's heating pad. I wanted to cover it (you can see it smooshed a bit on top where I tried) and failed with plastic wrap so I put foil on instead and tented the top so it wouldn't crush my swirl (more). The heating pad luckily has an auto-off so it turned off after 20 mins. I set it and had to go to a meeting at my kids' school at 3 and when I got back a full hour and half later the soap was still hot. I was thrilled lol. I uncovered it and put it on my rack still in the mold and went back and checked on it around 5:30 and it was hard and the mold pulled away with no fuss at all. It was still warm so I put it on the rack with no mold and came back at 7 and pushed on it and no dent so I cut it.

Very beautiful! I love the soft pink and subtle swirling. I have smelled 3 different Love Spells and they're all good but I like Peak's the best. Although Candle Science makes a nice one. Oregon Trails is very grapefruity to my nose.

Last edited:
mmmm where are you selling it, I want to buy some!! I hope you ship internationally, I live in the uk :) God it actually makes me hungry, it just looks perfect!!

Back