love contact paper in log mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
this is so great, i can use and reuse, soap comes right out, hp or cp.

AshleyR said:
Cool! Do you stick it to the wooden sides of your log mold? Does it stick well?
sticks ok, still tape it, but comes off soap fabo!

So, you no longer have to line your molds?

How did you do the corners? Did you make a box-in-a-box? My curiosity is piqued...because I am *so* not a fan of lining!!!

honor435 said:
madpiano said:
what is contact paper ?
the stuff people used to line their drawers with, sticky on one side.

line drawers with ? Wax Paper ???

sorry - I just don't know what it is and I don't think I have seen anyone lining drawers here ever

madpiano said:
honor435 said:
madpiano said:
what is contact paper ?
the stuff people used to line their drawers with, sticky on one side.

line drawers with ? Wax Paper ???

sorry - I just don't know what it is and I don't think I have seen anyone lining drawers here ever
if you go to the kitch or bath section at store you will see a roll s of it, in the "old" days people used to line their drawers(kitch) with it. I did a peice the long way, then another on top the short way, with exact measurments of your mold, then pour soap(sometimes i tape down sides) the when done flip over, peel off paper, wipe off and use again!

ohhhhhhh, ok....so you dont actually peel off the back and stick it to the inside of the mold, right?

bdmama said:
ohhhhhhh, ok....so you dont actually peel off the back and stick it to the inside of the mold, right?

I think she said she does, but also uses tape to help it stick to the wood. :)

AshleyR said:
bdmama said:

I think she said she does, but also uses tape to help it stick to the wood. :)
it doesnt have a back to take off, it has a sticky back, but that side goes towards the mold, smooth side up.

The contact paper I remember using 30 years ago (God I'm old) would stick to any surface and you needed some kind of solvent to remove it. It had paper you peeled off and if you ever got a wrinkle or the back touched the back of another piece, you couldn't get it off.
Guess they have changed the recipe for the sticky back.

mamaT said:
The contact paper I remember using 30 years ago (God I'm old) would stick to any surface and you needed some kind of solvent to remove it. It had paper you peeled off and if you ever got a wrinkle or the back touched the back of another piece, you couldn't get it off.
Guess they have changed the recipe for the sticky back.

its much better now, after u use it a few times, its hardly sticky and youre basically laying in mold then taping down the sides, then turn mold over after 24 hrs and it falls out, peel off paper and done! I will never use wax paper again.

What a great idea! I never even thought of this, and I have some laying around in my hall closet. That's why I love this board, you guys are sooooo full of fresh ideas! Thanks!

madpiano,

Contact paper is the clear sticky film that you can protect your books with, it's all over library books.... I don't know where you are from, but I know that in the US it was used to line drawers and laminate things, but here in Australia it is used to protect the soft covers of books. So I can see where there might be a bit of confusion.

kaseencook said:
madpiano,

Contact paper is the clear sticky film that you can protect your books with, it's all over library books.... I don't know where you are from, but I know that in the US it was used to line drawers and laminate things, but here in Australia it is used to protect the soft covers of books. So I can see where there might be a bit of confusion.

im in us, no its not clear or to laminate.(here anyways) it comes in rolls to line drawers, although i dont know anyone that would do that now.

I am from the US too, but live in Aus now. Growing up we always had clear contact paper on a roll that we used to use in drawers and to laminate paper for projects.... I'm not sure of the stuff you mean. It comes in colours too, so maybe we are talking about the same thing?
In AUS they have the exact same thing but they cover books with it.....
Sticky on one side and smooth on the other.
Good idea though!
Can we see pics! :)

Latest posts

Back