Lots of liquid soap, new formulation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here something I've been focusing on lately. I developed a variation on formulating liquid soap and have been testing it with different fragrances.

The soap seemed very good, so I sent some off for feedback. A soap maker friend said it was better on the skin than a good bar soap. I even sent some to a friend in Israel who announced she was addicted and begged for more.

I was thinking of posting how it's made, but I don't know if it would be of interest. It would require ordering 2 or 3 additional ingredients for most people, and there's a little more work involved, though not tons. I guess you could also argue it's less natural, but not dramatically so.

IMG_20161003_115249.jpg

IMG_20161003_115738.jpg

Here something I've been focusing on lately. I developed a variation on formulating liquid soap and have been testing it with different fragrances.

The soap seemed very good, so I sent some off for feedback. A soap maker friend said it was better on the skin than a good bar soap. I even sent some to a friend in Israel who announced she was addicted and begged for more.

I was thinking of posting how it's made, but I don't know if it would be of interest. It would require ordering 2 or 3 additional ingredients for most people, and there's a little more work involved, though not tons. I guess you could also argue it's less natural, but not dramatically so.

I'm sure you'll find appreciative people who'd love to hear your experience.

I'm curious as to what your goal was in developing this new formula - what were you hoping to accomplish and did you get it?

Wow looks very nice I never colour my liquid soap, maybe I will I love the colour of your soap.

Please share. I'm delving into LS territory and may like your soap better than the "standard" method. I'm trying to figure out why you make a paste and dilute it instead of putting a crap ton of water in to start with. I've got a lot of reading to do...
Oh, and I want to make my own "melt and pour" base, too.

I think they are gorgeous! Did you use dye powders to color? The colors actually make me want to start guessing what flavor/scent they are. I'm also very interested to hear more about your technique and added ingredients. I may already have the 'extras' on hand and I recently purchased PG just so I could attempt homemade M&P base (inspired by some of your threads).

I'm sure you'll find appreciative people who'd love to hear your experience.

I'm curious as to what your goal was in developing this new formula - what were you hoping to accomplish and did you get it?

Foremost I wanted the best possible mildness and skin feel. Besides that, easy saponification, good fragrance compatibility and clarity. So far it seems good in those respects.

I think they are gorgeous! Did you use dye powders to color? The colors actually make me want to start guessing what flavor/scent they are. I'm also very interested to hear more about your technique and added ingredients. I may already have the 'extras' on hand and I recently purchased PG just so I could attempt homemade M&P base (inspired by some of your threads).

If you want the soap to be clear like this, you would use FD&C dyes. I have a lot of Select Shades left over from the old days when I used it for bar soap. These days you could use Lab Colors from Bramble Berry, for instance.

They look lovely!

I do sincerely hope you'll change your mind and share your process with us, because I for one am very interested to hear about it. :)

IrishLass :)

Thanks. I'll write it up when I get a chance. Actually, when I get a chance to make more soap and maybe take a few pictures.

I'm also looking forward to reading your process...

The refrigerator is only for having a white backdrop on your photo shoots or this has something to do with storing your new liquid soaps?

I would love to see how you cooked it up. What are the extra ingredients so if we want to try it we can order them? :D

The full ingredient list:

High-oleic safflower oil
Castor oil
Myristic acid
Potassium hydroxide
Glycerol
Propylene glycol
PEG-150 distearate
Sodium lactate 60% solution
EDTA

Back