lotion bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
hello, i am usually on cp board, but i bought a lotion bar at a craft sale and really like the idea, who has a good recipe and where is the least exp. place to buy beeswax? Thanks.

A good starting point for a lotion bar is just equal parts of your recipe:

1/3 part soft oils (any combo you like. I use jojoba, olive, apricot kernel)
1/3 part wax
1/3 part butters (cocoa, shea, mango...your preference)

You just melt everything together and pour it into molds or push up tubes when it starts to cool down.

I get my beeswax from Oils by nature, but lots of suppliers carry it, so it's worth checking around to see if you can get cheaper shipping from someone close by.
Here's oils by nature: http://www.oilsbynature.com/product-category/waxes.htm

Lotion bars are lots of fun & easy to work with. You'll enjoy it!

thanks Michelle, do you add fragrance? any kind of candy molds work? and do they come out easy?

Michelle is right on, 1/3, 1/3, 1/3. It's the same exact recipe as a lip balm :wink: .

You will probably want to freeze it so you can get it out of the mold w/o denting it.

You may scent it w/ EOs or any skin safe fo.

Trying my first lotion bar and finding that some recipes call for 1 part beeswax, 2 parts butter, 1 part oil. Would you reduce the butters in this recipe or make it as is?

3 oz beeswax
3 oz cocoa butter
3 oz shea butter
3 oz jojoba oil

i usually do 3 oz shea r cocoa
3 oz beeswax
3 ox liquid oil , like almond and mild scent, lemongrass or honey butter or warm van sugar

Back