Lotion Bar Video

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Mommypotamus Lotion Bar Video

MOMMYPOTAMUS LOTION BAR RECIPE
Makes 8 (1.5 fl. oz.) square lotion bars; 10 round lotion bars.

4 oz. coconut oil
6 oz. cocoa butter
4 oz. beeswax
1½ tsp. essential oil
1⁄2 tsp. Vitamin E

Fill a medium pot with about two inches of water and bring to a boil. Place a smaller pot or heat-proof stainless steel bowl inside the larger pot to create a double boiler. Add coconut oil, beeswax and cocoa butter to the bowl/pot. Stir occasionally until it is fully melted, then remove from heat. If you are adding essential oils or vitamin E, allow the mixture to cool a little before mixing them in and pouring the liquid in to your molds. If you are not adding essential oils or vitamin E, pour the liquid directly into your molds. Allow lotion bars to cool fully before unmolding them. If you want to speed things up, pop them into the fridge or freezer for ten to twenty minutes.

How To Use Lotion Bars
Rub lotion bars between your hands or on the desired area (elbows, feet, knees, etc.), then massage into skin as needed.

This lotion bar has a natural white chocolate scent thanks to the cocoa butter. However, if you’d like to add additional scents, here are a few of my favorites:

Peppermint –70-85 drops of peppermint EO
Creamsicle –75 drops of sweet orange EO, + 40 drops Vanilla FO
Lavender –75 - 90 drops of lavender EO

Molds: 100% Handmade Square Mold
6-Cavity Round Mooncake Mold
"Handmade With Love" stickers

I’ve been thinking about making lotion bars. I’m not sure how I would store them (don’t want to buy tins) I’ll figure something out lol. Thanks for the recipe! 😊
I pour my recipe in large twist-up tubes, like a large version of chapstick. Keeps the stuff relatively clean, and if I don't want it on my fingers it doesn't have to be there, plus it works great for on-the-go. I also have some in bar form, and a plastic bag with a paper towel seems to work ok for storing those. I use the prayer towel both to insulate the bars from the heat the plastic can hold, and to label the contents of the bag.

I've made this recipe and people liked it. However, coconut oil doesn't ever absorb into my skin or hair - it just sits on top and makes me greasy and dry at the same time. So for my own use, I changed the recipe to include tallow and a bit of soft oil, like jojoba or argan. I didn't use exact measurements; just pre-mixed the tallow and soft oil until I achieved a similar consistency to coconut oil, and then used the mix to replace the CO.

I’ve been thinking about making lotion bars. I’m not sure how I would store them (don’t want to buy tins) I’ll figure something out lol. Thanks for the recipe! 😊

I buy the small plastic condiment cups at the dollar store. Pour the liquid lotion in there then they pop right out for use. It's very handy storage as they come with a lid too.

Latest posts

Back