Lotion bar packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I am planning on making a bunch of small lotion bars for Christmas gifts. Not in roll-up tubes - just little blocks of lotion bar. How do you package these? I think they need to be in something that you can take them out of, use them and put them back. Obviously, cheaper is better!

The dollar store has little round or rectangular containers. There are 10 in a package. Or you can make them in a mold and put them in a metal tin. The dollar store containers work pretty well as you can pop them in and out.

Ditto what Shari said. Keep your eyes open for the 10 packs of round or rectangular containers. You can use them as molds & packaging for lotion bars.
Dollar-Tree-containers.jpg

Ditto what Shari said. Keep your eyes open for the 10 packs of round or rectangular containers. You can use them as molds & packaging for lotion bars.

They do work pretty well, very handy. I do have one container that recently the bottom cracked. The soft salve/ balm is calendula/rice-bran, Texas cedar-wood, rosehip, shea and beeswax that I made in early March 2016. This container is kept in the medicine cabinet. Two other containers each at work and in my purse are fine so far.

container cracked.jpg

Latest posts

Back