Lotion Bar Labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
How do they look? Am I missing anything I need to have? Should I change something? Thank you for looking!

Screenshot (28).jpg

The name of the company is hard to make out in that font. Other than that I like it.

Very nice label :) but you do need to list your ingredients by their International Nomenclature (INCI) , not their common names. A bit of a nuisance but be thankful that you don't have to do bilingual product titles in the U.S. Here in Canada we have to do both English and French. A real PITA translating (I'm not bilingual) and trying to fit it all on a small label. :(

I'm not sure the warning about being safety tested is required to be included on the label. But if so I would put it on the "back label" with the ingredients.

Also I think the "hancrafted lotion bar" should have the 1st letters capitalized. But that's just me.

I agree with others that the company name font is hard to decipher.

Other than those few nit-picks, I think it looks good!

How does this look?

Just realized I forgot to spell out "Net" I changed that too, it's just not shown in the picture.

Screenshot (31).jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure the warning about being safety tested is required to be included on the label. But if so I would put it on the "back label" with the ingredients.

Also I think the "hancrafted lotion bar" should have the 1st letters capitalized. But that's just me.

I agree with others that the company name font is hard to decipher.

Other than those few nit-picks, I think it looks good!

I thought that the warning statement had to be on the principal display panel according to the FDA?

Much better!

For usage directions, how about, "Apply to dry skin daily"? It avoids the use of the word moisturizing (I'm not sure if that is problematic) and tightens up the language.

I've been trying to think of a way to reword that. I May use your suggestion or something similar. Thank you

I don't know much about labelling laws, but it seems that's a tricky word, at least from what I see on this forum.

I changed up my directions. How does this sound?
Directions: Warm the lotion bar in your hands, then applying to your skin as needed.

Or what about:
Directions: Warm me up in your hands before rubbing me onto your dry areas.

Last edited:
I changed up my directions. How does this sound?
Directions: Warm the lotion bar in your hands, then applying to your skin as needed.
Or what about:
Directions: Warm me up in your hands before rubbing me onto your dry areas.

As I love the 2nd option (lol), I think I would go with the "Warm lotion bar in your hands, apply to skin as needed".

Just my 2 cents. :)

I like those options, but for what it is worth, moisturising is fine to use on a cosmetic - using it on a soap makes a soap a cosmetic which then needs all this effort on the labels, but as this IS a cosmetic, it is fine to say that it moisturises.

Back