lotion bar for dry cracked heels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awi

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recipe for a lotion bar to help with dry cracked heels and feet? A friend of mine loves the basic lotion bars, but asked if I could make one for her to use at night before bed. I was thinking this paired with a nice pair of cotton socks would be a great gift for the holidays? Any suggestions?

4 oz beeswax
4 oz cocoa butter
2 oz mango butter
4 oz jojoba oil
4 oz shea butter

In the microwave melt hardest to softest adding one butter at a time except the shea. Once all are melted add in the shea and stir until it's melted. Add Jojoba oil and stir. If it starts cooling to the point it's cloudy then pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds to get it warm enough it clear but not too hot. Add in 4 teaspoons of eo or fragrance.
Pour into molds or twist up tubes.

This is a nice lotion bar, I sell tons of them.
I suggest to my clients to keep up with their regular foot care ie ped egg, stone etc and to use this nightly for a week or so applying it before bed and slipping on cotton socks. Once they have their heels in check use it once or twice a week.

Good Luck

TheSoapyEwe said:
4 oz beeswax
4 oz cocoa butter
2 oz mango butter
4 oz jojoba oil
4 oz shea butter

In the microwave melt hardest to softest adding one butter at a time except the shea. Once all are melted add in the shea and stir until it's melted. Add Jojoba oil and stir. If it starts cooling to the point it's cloudy then pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds to get it warm enough it clear but not too hot. Add in 4 teaspoons of eo or fragrance.
Pour into molds or twist up tubes.

This is a nice lotion bar, I sell tons of them.
I suggest to my clients to keep up with their regular foot care ie ped egg, stone etc and to use this nightly for a week or so applying it before bed and slipping on cotton socks. Once they have their heels in check use it once or twice a week.

Good Luck
A Million thanks! I can't wait to try it!

looks like a nice recipe.

I'd also suggest to your friend that she gets that callous on here heel worn down (as Ewe suggests) because it's probably that which is causing the cracking. I have a pedi egg, and also a sort of "file" I use at the end of my shower which helps a lot. If I keep up with that I get no more of those horrid deep cracks.

Back