Lost SMF in tapatalk

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

grayceworks

Reaction score
It was fine 5 minutes ago. I was reading it. It has been fine for months. Last week my tapatalk started showing ads though. I don't use the SMF version because it constantly crashes, and won't let me change my view settings to be easier to read. But when tapatalk started showing ads after the last update, I found out my paid version was now the free version, and I'd have to buy the 'new' paid version. Big mistake, now I can't log in to either one, and tried resetting my password, which also lost all my subscribed forums, including SMF.

I was able to hunt down most of them, but SMF is not anywhere! Help! Did they unpublish it from their directory again?

Reaction score
I feel for you - I have nothing but trouble with the Tapatalk app. I have the SMF app and it works for me, but I can never find the SMF through the normal Tapatalk app, nor can I find the forum for the Star Trek Online game! Glad I have never bought a paid version when it doesn't actually allow me to find the forums that a) I want to and b) I know for a fact have the code enabled. Very annoying

Saponista

Reaction score
I put the tapatalk app on my iPhone as people said it was better than using SMF app, but I couldn't find SMF on there so promptly deleted it.

grayceworks

Reaction score
Yes, well, I had the issue of losing SMF in my tapatalk right after they released the branded SMF app, because tapatalk had removed it from the search because of the branded app. Tapatalk then requires the forum owners to TRY to get in touch with them to get it put back in the search results... I say TRY, because it's near impossible to get anyone to help from Tapatalk.

SMF got them to put it back before, and I was pleased to see it suddenly reappear back in my list of forums. And then Tapatalk did this update a few days ago, which supposedly fixed some bugs, and now suddenly LOTS of my forums disappeared from my account, my username isn't recognized, I can sign in using my email address however, but the SMF forum is nowhere to be found in Tapatalk again.

It's soooooo frustrating, not on SMF's part, but because of Tapatalk. At least I know I'm not the only one having the issue. :(

Hopefully the forum owners can convince Tapatalk to put SMF back in their list? Pretty please?

grayceworks

Reaction score
It was fine 5 minutes ago. I was reading it. It has been fine for months... I don't use the SMF version because it constantly crashes, and won't let me change my view settings to be easier to read...

...I had the issue of losing SMF in my tapatalk right after they released the branded SMF app, because tapatalk had removed it from the search because of the branded app... SMF got them to put it back before, and I was pleased to see it suddenly reappear back in my list of forums...

We are not in regular Tapatalk any longer.
You can use the branded app for either Apple or Android.

I can't use the branded app, unfortunately, as I mentioned above. It crashes constantly in Android, and even when it's marginally running, it doesn't allow me to change my view settings, such as light/dark theme or font size or items per page, etc.. to enable my poor eyes to see anything. It gives the option to report the issue every time it crashes, and I was every time for a while, but I gave up because nobody ever responded.

Up until yesterday (or was it day before, now?) it was published in tapatalk's list again, and then it was suddenly unpublished again? According to tapatalk though, a forum can be published on both tapatalk and the BYO app if the owner wishes. I don't know if that costs extra or something? Curious about that... (was also nice to be able to access all my forums in one spot without having tons of different apps running in the background and having to keep switching between apps, but thats not a huge thing...)

Just frustrated, as now I'll only be able to access the forum at work again. where I can use a regular computer.

If someone can help me make the SMF app work on my tablet, it would be appreciated. I am on Android Jellybean 4.2. Tapatalk works fine, no crashing, no problems changing settings. Would seem the SMF app should work the same?
I even tried doing a factory reset on my tablet a bit ago, right after the last SMF app update, to see if installing it from scratch on a clean system made any difference. No difference, still crashed, still could not change settings.

Really need some sort of help with this. Please?

grayceworks

Reaction score
Well, it last updated a few weeks ago, don't remember exactly when, but it was pretty recent, and I tried again. Even uninstalled the previous version and re-installed the newest direct from the link on the website.

I had hoped... but the same issues were there that I've been having trouble with this whole time. Lets me go to the settings page, but when I scroll to reach the rest of the settings, it crashes without saving the changes I made. Then it crashes every time I try to open the settings after that. And without being able to change at least just the font size, and have it keep my settings, I just can't read the forum using it, it's all too small.

Just tried un-install/re-install again, no luck.

I know it used to work on here, when it first came out, and then I just had to go between SMF and tapatalk to get to all my favorite forums, which I could deal with ok, because everything was working then.

But then when one of the updates happened, it started crashing a lot, and I sent in the reports it requested every time, but then suddenly it was available in tapatalk again, so it was ok when I couldn't get it fixed, but then tapatalk did all their new updates too, and put ads in their app, and when I upgraded again to their paid version, SMF was gone from tapatalk, and the SMF app is still crashing on my tablet every time I open it, so I'm back on the web-version, which is slow on my tablet, so I'm mostly just trying to read during slow times at work at night when I have access to a regular computer.

grayceworks

Reaction score
I appreciate it very much Austin! I don't mean to be a PITA, but I'm hopelessly addicted to this forum, its people, and of course, soap! And I just want to be able to read and respond when I'm at home too! :)