Lost my lifeline, I'm desperate! (forum question)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzytish

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to ask this on the SMForum, but I am just so desperate I don't know where to turn. Sometimes on the SoapDishForum they've mentioned this forum, so maybe there are some joint members here-? So, Kitten Love is going on with the Dish? It's been down for weeks. Admin posts that she's encountered many problems changing servers, but my experienced corporate personality wonders if they're taking it down permanently (i.e when the CEO says we absolutely aren't being taken over, you can count on the take over conversations already being in the works! "One doest protest too much") . Anyone know?

Please forgive my question :oops:

The last time I saw current activity there was either the 12 or 14th.

It took a long time the last time they changes systems/servers too.

I dont visit as often as I use to. I am under a different name there. But I didnt notice

I just visit that forum occasionally, hardly ever post anymore, but I think the adm. said she was on vacation, got sick, returned home, and has promised it to be up & running every day for at least a week now.

If you like it there, too bad it is down. I'm just loving my newest "home" here at SMF. Besides, "Many is a dandy" Adm! :D

Paul.... :wink:

Apparently Kim went to move the Dish to YET another server...(why she cant find one suitable and has to keep moving it is beyond me)...
and went on vacation and got the flu all at the same time...
funny thing is...
if memory serves me...
the last time this happened she just so happened to get the 'flu' and it took forever to get the dish back up

I am on several LARGE forums and none of them have the trouble that Kim does with the dish....
perhaps she needs to hire someone that knows what they are doing

honeysclerose said:
Apparently Kim went to move the Dish to YET another server...(why she cant find one suitable and has to keep moving it is beyond me)...
and went on vacation and got the flu all at the same time...
funny thing is...
if memory serves me...
the last time this happened she just so happened to get the 'flu' and it took forever to get the dish back up

I am on several LARGE forums and none of them have the trouble that Kim does with the dish....
perhaps she needs to hire someone that knows what they are doing

LOL Honey, but honestly, computers do suck. I've had my horror stories with my own p.c., but this really is taking a loooooong time.

What other Forums are you on? I like SMF, but it's a little less active than the Dish.

We are less active because its less people on here. We are a friendly group that love to soap!... Its starting to pick up now, I am enjoying my new family here!

I'm very happy to see so many new posts when I log on now. Instead of going to my other groups first, I come on here now. This group is a lot more friendly and extremely helpful. I'm very glad I found this forum.

Yeah Dragonfly, they are like that over there... Its like certain ones own the board and are aloud to have a say so...
But you dont have to worry about that over here. I always check this forum first... Its the best! :lol:

Ok, we should end this topic because it can go on forever, we are not like other forums to bash others... lets be happy and respectful regardless if we get it in return.. we are better than that.. right group?

Ok... let go on to soapy world!

I'm glad I found this board. It's beginning to get ugly at the other one. Everyone's on their high horse over there. :D

It is obvious we all prefer it here & that is why we ARE here.

No need for unpleasant details. :wink:

Thank you guys, for helping end this! That is why I am here, that is why we are here! Positively!
Lizzytish, we're so glad you've found us :!: SMF Rocks! 8) 8) :D

Paul, Mod Team Member :wink:

I'm glad I don't even bother looking on other boards; even though I did register on a few more, but this is always the first and only place I come to! :wink: Now we only need to grow our little family into a larger one! :lol:

FitMommyOf2 said:
I'm glad I don't even bother looking on other boards; even though I did register on a few more, but this is always the first and only place I come to! :wink: Now we only need to grow our little family into a larger one! :lol:

"What she said!" 8) :D Tell you what, there were some great members here before I joined, and since, there are a bunch of great, knowledgeable soapiers who have "found" us! Cool! 8) May SMF continue to grow! 8)

Paul.... :wink:

Glad you guys are all here!!!

Things are really starting to pick up. I'm excited to see this forum growing. It's a baby in the soap forum world - not even a year old yet - but it's steadily coming along thanks to all of you.

Thanks so much for everyone's help in moderating/promoting SMF

:)

Love you all!!!

Back