Looky what I found

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For 1.99 at goodwill. One of the cutest molds I've ever seen:)

etsg0z.jpg

any suggestions on what size of batch to fill these? I was thinking 1 lb
2hicmio.jpg

I've got one similar that I bought here at K MART with the lady bugs and butterflies but no bees, I paid $5. It looks like it will take 500grams. It's been so long since I used mine that I forget how much it took.

I have the same egg one that I bought at a two dollar shop a couple of years ago. I made chocolate easter egg soap.

That mold is so cute obsidian, esp. the honey bee, see I have a bug mold that I got from Amazon, it was around 7-8$, the free shipping from China took forever and I don't have the bees :(. I have dragon fly and some other bug. Anyhow, I find several cute molds on there, in the same price range with free shipping from China.

Nice score, Obsidian! I have molds very similar in size to those (but they're elephants) that hold 2 oz each cavity. I'd say go for the 1 lb batch and have another small mold ready just in case you have extra batter. Also, mine did NOT stand up to CPOP. Amazingly HORRIBLE bubbles so probably avoid the oven just in case. Post pics when you unmold those adorable little guys!

Wow that's lovely mould, I saw in our local sainsburry shop here in UK a nice rose design but cost £8.

that is awesome! I'm so jealous. my husband loves bees so i always keep an eye out for cute bee molds

Last edited by a moderator:
Back