Looking to the spring 2022

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
I have Halloween soap curing for my friends right now. I have a Thanksgiving/ Harvest loaf planned and a holiday loaf ( trying to be politically correct and not say Christmas). If I survive the holidays ( with the families lol ) thinking floral heart something for V-day.
My idea for Easter was actually melt and pour. I managed to find Wilton peep and bunny molds this spring. What do y'all think of little gift bags with bunnies and chicks? Easy to wrap and make cute.
The only other idea I had was soap cupcakes with the bunny/chick's on top.
But I hear soap cupcakes aren't "in" currently.
What do you think ? I'm new and still learning about trends etc. I still see them on etsy but then how do you wash with them? Awkward shape.

What do y'all think of little gift bags with bunnies and chicks? Easy to wrap and make cute.
Who do you intend them for? My first thought was kids, aww cute... and then I thought, oh no. If they got put in an easter basket maybe too easy to mistake as candy. Kids, shockingly, don't read tags or labels.

But I hear soap cupcakes aren't "in" currently.
Soap cupcakes are a bit of a rollercoaster for me. The first year I made them they sold like crazy. The second year I couldn't give them away. The third year everyone was asking for them. Go figure. I took some that I made for funsies to a market this weekend and they sold out in the first hour. I'm thinking about making another batch for the Christmas Market at the same venue in Nov... but having been on this rollercoaster before... I'm a bit hesitant. I think I will try them at that market one more time just to see if it was a fluke, but I won't make them a regular stock item.

I still see them on etsy but then how do you wash with them? Awkward shape.
I always cut in half vertically after unmolding (when they're a bit softer) so that the customer uses one half at a time. They fit really nice in the palm that way. When I package, I use a rubberband to hold the halves together nicely. Usually the rubberband will hook under the edge of the frosting and isn't noticeable.

Major peeps fan here so peeps have my vote!

How a soap feels in my hands is a priority for me and Mrs. Zing has strong opinions as well. So I make mostly rectangles and occasional round pucks. Having said that, last Christmas I made small pine tree shaped molds that were a big hit with the neighbor kiddos! Their mom said that each of them made individual signs for their soap so that no one else could use their soapy tree!

I see the topic drift away from @AAShillito's seasonal intentions…

What about putting different blend of coloured confetti in each tree mould? So you don't need an extra sign, but Alice has the tree with “red+blue” tinsel, and Bob the “yellow+black” decoration?

Who do you intend them for? My first thought was kids, aww cute... and then I thought, oh no. If they got put in an easter basket maybe too easy to mistake as candy. Kids, shockingly, don't read tags or labels.

Soap cupcakes are a bit of a rollercoaster for me. The first year I made them they sold like crazy. The second year I couldn't give them away. The third year everyone was asking for them. Go figure. I took some that I made for funsies to a market this weekend and they sold out in the first hour. I'm thinking about making another batch for the Christmas Market at the same venue in Nov... but having been on this rollercoaster before... I'm a bit hesitant. I think I will try them at that market one more time just to see if it was a fluke, but I won't make them a regular stock item.

I always cut in half vertically after unmolding (when they're a bit softer) so that the customer uses one half at a time. They fit really nice in the palm that way. When I package, I use a rubberband to hold the halves together nicely. Usually the rubberband will hook under the edge of the frosting and isn't noticeable.
Great ideas and input!

Back