Looking to explore

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chemdawg

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website, and the whole theme of it in general. I'm a medical marijuana patient, and I make balms/gels using marijuana concentrated oils/alcohols. I hope none of you receive me the wrong way, everything I do is 100% legal, and for medicinal use. The employment of marijuana topically does not get you "high", however it does provide an immense amount of relief from pain due to burns, arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain, and pain caused from many other disorders; marijuana applied topically can also reduce and eliminate cancer cells, especially effective for those with skin cancer.

I'm here to learn more about the art of making lotions, creams, balms, and even soaps. I think I could learn a lot from all of you, and hope you might be able to learn something from me too. The medical marijuana community is ever growing, and the medical advances within it are growing seemingly as fast. By combining the healing properties of my herb with others, such as rosemary, or eucalyptus, I hope to increase the effectiveness of these creams substantially.

I do not want to talk too much about the marijuana aspect of my studies, out of respect for those who might feel uncomfortable about it, but the topical application of it is an emerging field of study, and a very interesting one too, and I wouldn't mind answering any questions any of you have about my process, or it's uses.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be exchanging ideas with you all soon!

What an interesting way to come to soapmaking! Welcome to the forum :)

Hi and welcome! I don't see a problem in being open about your products and their ingredients if you are following your local laws. It sounds like a fascinating subject. I knew people with certain illnesses (like glaucoma, and people on chemo) can take it to prevent nausea, etc. I had no idea about the topical applications though. Do yu have a source that purchase your oils from, or do you have to distill them yourself?

Well, it's not an oil extracted from cannabis, I actually use coconut oil to extract all the healing agents from the cannabis and from there use that oil to make different things. Additionally I use lecithin in the oil extraction process to help with bio-availability.

Back