Looking for the perfect sweet lemon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckysoap

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm on the hunt for good approximations of both BBW's Sicilian Lemon and Method's Lemonade. Would definitely prefer a good performer with little A or D, but for the right scent I'd be willing to work a little harder. Can anyone recommend a fresh, bright, true lemon with a little sweetness to it? Would like to stay far away from a Pledge/cleaner type smell.
Thank you!!!

I really like MO lemon Unhinged. It's a nice sweet lemon - kinda reminds me of lemon cookies that my husband's meemaw made. There isn't too much of a baked scent though... her cookies very very sweet/tart with a lemon glaze on them. Man, I wish I had that recipe... I digress...

I got a little discoloring from it (light tan) and had weird acceleration from one color portion in my batch from a mica with chromium green in it. Other than that, it played well and smells heavenly. Also it's fantastic in B&B... I made a bunch of different bath bombs over Christmas and people were fighting over the lemon ones.

I'm still working on a nice bright, happy non-bakery scent. I like AHRE's lemon verbena which doesn't smell like pledge to me. But I like the blending of lemon myrtle and litsea essential oils I made a couple months ago. It's not as strong as I like, but more authentic.

Latest posts

Back