Looking for the perfect sweet lemon

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

luckysoap

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm on the hunt for good approximations of both BBW's Sicilian Lemon and Method's Lemonade. Would definitely prefer a good performer with little A or D, but for the right scent I'd be willing to work a little harder. Can anyone recommend a fresh, bright, true lemon with a little sweetness to it? Would like to stay far away from a Pledge/cleaner type smell.
Thank you!!!

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like MO lemon Unhinged. It's a nice sweet lemon - kinda reminds me of lemon cookies that my husband's meemaw made. There isn't too much of a baked scent though... her cookies very very sweet/tart with a lemon glaze on them. Man, I wish I had that recipe... I digress...

I got a little discoloring from it (light tan) and had weird acceleration from one color portion in my batch from a mica with chromium green in it. Other than that, it played well and smells heavenly. Also it's fantastic in B&B... I made a bunch of different bath bombs over Christmas and people were fighting over the lemon ones.

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still working on a nice bright, happy non-bakery scent. I like AHRE's lemon verbena which doesn't smell like pledge to me. But I like the blending of lemon myrtle and litsea essential oils I made a couple months ago. It's not as strong as I like, but more authentic.