Looking for Math help pls!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samirish

Reaction score
I just got a new mold and im dying to use it but have no idea how much soap it holds and am frightened of making a miscalculation.

My old mold was 20.25l x 4.37w x 3.5h and it would give me a 4.5lb batch of soap (just oil weight).

My new mold is 20.5l x 10w x 3.25h. Im not sure how much oil it will hold.

When i go to soapcalc.net and it asks for the weight of oils, im not sure what to put.
(someone told me to do lxwxhx.40 but that doesnt seem to work)

What dixiedragon said.
Length times width times height times the converter ( magic number) gives volume in weight.

Works out to:
266.5 Ounces or
466.4 Grams if you are using metrics.

If you want to be extra safe and don't mind bars that are a little smaller start with 10 Lbs of oil. That should leave you with room left over.

I see what you are saying about the math not working.

20 x 4 x 3.5 = 280. 280 x .4 = 112. If your batches use 4.5 lbs of oils, that's 72 ounces. Are the measurements you gave in inches, and is that the interior measurements?

your old mold is huge for a single loaf mold, if your stated measurements are in inches, it would take atleast 7.5lbs of oil, so I am guessing you only filled your mold to about 2 to 2 and a quarter inches with your 4.5lb oil per batch. is that what you are going to do with the new mold? then 10lbs of oils should be enough but I might be assuming wrong.why not please clarify a bit more about your molds and how you use them?

Latest posts

Back