Looking for Input - Spa Day in a Jar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If someone offered you a Spa Day in a Jar, what would you expect to find in that jar (or container of any kind)? I'm thinking of putting something together for next year's markets and I'm just not sure what to add.

I don't know but I do love a foot bath... and a nice soak would fit :)
Oh and a face mask. I would definitely expect one of those. A clay sampler would be nice.
Ahem and maybe a little relaxing scent, possibly a lavender spray or roll on. A tea light at least.

Oh dear I am dreaming of a nice spa day now.

I don't know but I do love a foot bath... and a nice soak would fit :)
Oh and a face mask. I would definitely expect one of those. A clay sampler would be nice.
Ahem and maybe a little relaxing scent, possibly a lavender spray or roll on. A tea light at least.

Oh dear I am dreaming of a nice spa day now.
Love the tea light suggestion! I was thinking of a foot soak bomb, a sugar scrub sample, perhaps a tub tea or bath bomb, a mud masque, a lip balm..... perhaps a moisturizer sample and a body cream sample. All packaged in a jar/tin/box. That covers 90% of the body, right?

I was thinking what you were.. That it should cover the whole body lol If you add a hair mask it would cover more than 90% haha.

I was also thinking a nice soft face towel or a loofah would be a nice addition?

Personally I prefer a bath tea to a bath bomb but that's me, and of course, I don't know what your experience is with customers. But I've seen those packaged really prettily and was thinking they'll look so classy, especially with your logo..

I'm excited for this. Can't wait to see when it's all put together :)

Bath salts for sure, a bath fizzy too. Maybe even shaving gel or a liquid body wash. A face mask and either a cute small loofah, wash cloth, or nail brush... and everything would be PINK!

I would do bath salts, clay mask, scrub, lotion, lip balm, soap and maybe a bath bomb just for fun, bath scrubbie and a tea lite. Wouldn't mess with massage candle due to liability reason. I've put gift sets together for a couple Mother's Day/ holiday show and went well at one not so much the other.

I would even do something really simple, bath salts, soap, scrub & lotion.

Bath salts for sure, a bath fizzy too. Maybe even shaving gel or a liquid body wash. A face mask and either a cute small loofah, wash cloth, or nail brush... and everything would be PINK!
I don't know about pink.... that's my least favourite colour, tbh.

Thanks all, there are some great ideas here. Let me throw another question out there. My first market next year will have a theme of "Share the Love", and will be right after Valentine's Day (Feb. 16). What about a couple's spa day; would you change anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t do the soaks for a couples bath, or have 2 options just in case. Possibly swap it out for a massage oil?

I can’t imagine a 2 person foot soak being romantic (maybe some do). My husband also wouldn’t fit in our tub alone, much less the 2 of us. Just not sure what kind of large tubs are common in other areas of the world.

Haha I just realized we Asians have an advantage when it comes to baths.. Being able to fit two people in most normal sized tubs :p

Back to the topic...

If you aren't going for a couples thing I won't change anything but if you are, his & her stuff should be cute. Maybe the same things but in different colors and scents. But then I'm not sure what stuff the males there like to use... Maybe a moisturizer for her and aftershave for him, something like that?

I agree with @BattleGnome about the foot soak lol

Haha I just realized we Asians have an advantage when it comes to baths.. Being able to fit two people in most normal sized tubs :p

Back to the topic...

If you aren't going for a couples thing I won't change anything but if you are, his & her stuff should be cute. Maybe the same things but in different colors and scents. But then I'm not sure what stuff the males there like to use... Maybe a moisturizer for her and aftershave for him, something like that?

I agree with @BattleGnome about the foot soak lol

Lol, I wish! My husband is Chinese and we can't fit in a "normal" tub together comfortably....I'm 172 cm and he's 180 cm. We're lucky to have an oversized tub now though!

I’ve been thinking about this, and I think it makes sense to have different kits to use with or without a bath. Not everyone has a bath tub, and some people don’t like baths. So, for a tub type person: bath oil/bomb/salts, scrubby thing like a small loofah. For a showerer: salt scrub/shower oil/shower steamer, foot soak thingy. Both could get a small candle, an incense cone, hair and face masks, and samples of face and body creams.

I’m thinking the recipient would either soak in the tub, or take a shower and then soak their feet. For me, taking a bath and then a foot bath would be a bit much, but maybe I’m just not understanding the spa thing?

I'm a minimalist, so anything I can use quickly (meaning the time to use the product, not the life of the product) that still makes me feel pampered is filed under "spa". Personally I would look for a nice scrub that I could use in the shower (bonus points if it cleans and scrubs), a hair mask (something I could slather on my hair and sits while I wash the rest of my body), and a nice body oil or body cream. A multi-tasking face mask is nice too, especially if I can use it as a cleanser or a mask. Lip scrubs are nice too as they're quick and effective.

Back