Looking for Hawaiian blend of essential oils (ideas)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noblesquire

Reaction score
Hello, I recently received a very small bottle of shampoo which came from a hotel in Hawaii. It has that classic sun tan oil scent I love so much. Had essence of coconut / Pina colada type smell. Anyone able to recommend some essential oils that will allow me to make a soap with this scent? Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid there are no pineapple or coconut EO's, so a pina colada type scent will be really hard to achieve with EO's only. You might need to work with FO's for this one[emoji6] maybe take a look at the fragrance oil review section to see if you can find any info on a Hawaiian/pina colada type scent.

As szaza stated there are no EO’s tat will give you that option. Also, I haven’t found a coconut that sticks or doesn’t morph to a fake smell. There are FO’s that have a suntan or tropical smell. I haven’t used any though to recommend.

I purchase natural flavorings for baking/cooking and have a coconut one. Couple of years ago I attempted to do the same thing in a body spray. I added the coconut flavoring and some essential oils, going for a 'tropical' scent and the smell ended up being downright awful! If you're really determined, you could try it yourself and maybe come up with something a lot better than I did (I didn't try again) but just a heads up - it won't work in soap. If you managed to make it work, you'd have to stick with body products for this one.

Latest posts

Back