Looking for clear M&P recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyris

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice.

I started working with M&P soap after getting a kit for my birthday during lockdown. I kept with it, picking up more soap at Michael's, until I decided to get more serious and ordered a 5lb clear glycerin soap from Amazon. The result was... not good.

I've been using ice cube molds to make opaque element that I suspend in clear soap and then add a colored layer along the bottom and I'd been using a firm soap base to do this. The stuff I ordered was more... squishy. It takes longer to set and tends to pucker around the embedded shape as it hardened and even then it's still kinda rubbery and while I could find a use for it, it doesn't work with what I want to do.

Basically, I'm looking for an affordable M&P clear glycerin soap option that's relatively firm. No olive oil or honey or shea butter additives, just a simple soap base. Can anyone recommend a brand I can order online?

Thanks in advance.

I have done some research on melt & pour soap ingredients. I even made a comparison spreadsheet. Many M&P soap companies use chemicals in their soaps. It's a good idea to check ingredients to find the best natural M&P soap. I like to use goats milk M&P soap and there are only two brands that I have tried and like Velona from Amazon and Organic Creations. The problem with Organic Creations is because of Covid, it takes weeks to get it. I just ordered another soap from Amazon to try, Liquid Gold. Don't know if I'll like it or not.The soaps seem to be the best natural soaps that don't have a lot of undesirable ingredients. I'm not sure what the ingredients would be for clear glycerin. Hope this might help in you finding a good soap. I don't sell my soap, I just make it for fun and my own use.

Back