Looking for classic molasses crinkles recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of the boys I helped raise is working on his mid-terms this week. He's 2 thousand miles away and feeling stressed so he called me to talk and wanted to know my recipe for molasses crinkles. (I used to make them for him and his brothers every time it rained.)

I don't use flour and sugar any more, so didn't keep the Betty Crocker and Better Homes cookbooks from the 90's. Does anybody have a copy and can you jot down the recipe for molasses crinkles for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

He's my biggest salt bar fan - sent him a box of 20 bars already. They're so good for his acne even the dermatologist was impressed.

That's it! (Cookbooks give their recipes online for free now??)

Thank you Artemis!! (we had one major tweak with this recipe - measure the spices with a Tablespoon, not a teaspoon! All the boys scarfed them up! And so did I - which is why low carb is a fact of life for me now:))

My mom taught me to bake/cook. My prized possession as tween was my very own Betty Crocker kids cookbook. My mom's Betty Crocker book was so worn out by the time we kids were grown, that she had to transfer the pages to a 3 ring binder. The pages were stained and filled with notes. I used to just love to read through it!

Now I'm feeling nostalgic....gonna to make myself some cookes!

Last edited:
I have my dad's cookbooks. (You did NOT want my mother to cook!) His Betty Crocker Cookbook is stained and worn, and I am about to have to transfer it to a binder. But every page has a memory, and notes in his handwriting. He gave me one when I got married (the first time), but his is priceless!

I have my dad's cookbooks. (You did NOT want my mother to cook!) His Betty Crocker Cookbook is stained and worn, and I am about to have to transfer it to a binder. But every page has a memory, and notes in his handwriting. He gave me one when I got married (the first time), but his is priceless!

I know what you mean - definitely a case of newer NOT being better!

Latest posts

Back