Looking for: Book recommendations.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleja

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a book that has information that can help me formulate shampoo bars and bath bombs, I'm not looking for recipes, but books that allows me to understand the basics and how are both bath bombs and shampoo bars formulated.

Hallo @Aleja, a great educator on cosmetic chemistry is Susan Barclay Nichols of Swift Crafty Monkey. She has e-books available, but shares a great deal of information on her blog. A good starting page for information about shampoo bars is here and bath bombs here. You will need to subscribe to her website to access much of the information, subscriptions are from $1 to $10 per month. Perhaps scout out the website first to find out what information you are after and what subscription will get you that.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm looking for a book that has information that can help me formulate shampoo bars and bath bombs, I'm not looking for recipes, but books that allows me to understand the basics and how are both bath bombs and shampoo bars formulated.

Have you checked out the Humblebee and Me website? It could be a good place to get started.

Thank you for the recommendations❤.
Also thank you for moving the thread to the proper forum.

Please look in the BOOK REVIEWS section. Answers will be there
Since I am a curious person and always interested in finding good info on syndet shampoo bars, I did follow your lead and head on over to the book reviews section of this forum but I couldn't find anything.....but anyway, there is another source similar to SCM's book that you can purchase on ETSY. It is from BeSpokeFormula and compliments Susan's book.

Try KELLY CABLE her books are fantastic

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back