Looking for an emulsified sugar scrub....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
That's not waxy. I found one on the net that uses Almond and Avocado oil, Shea, Mango and Cocoa butters. Ewax, Stearic Acid and beeswax. I made it and it left a layer of wax on my hands so I added a bunch more Oil, sugar and some Hydrovance and Vitamin E. It's much butter but I am wondering if there is a good recipe anyone is willing to share. Please?:-|

you could reduce the amount of ewax to just enough to keep it together, and reduce cocoa butter - cocoa butter is a hard waxyish butter in a solid state.

Thanks melstan I think I will leave out the cocoa butter all together and start the process of remaking the recipe over and over adjusting the Ewax till I get it. I think I'll leave out the beeswax too.

Anyone have any threads or links they can share with more information on proven Sugar Scrubs. I have only made one batch so far and am not happy with it. Heck I have only tried a sugar scrub once befor making the one I made. I was hoping for more information on some that people do like before trying another from some random internet site.

If you're using ewax, I'd drop the beeswax. Stearic is waxy feeling as well, so I'd switch cetyl alcohol, which will give you more of a silky feeling.
Also, I really like Silky ewax as opposed to regular ewax since it's less waxy feeling. Also, whipping your scrub can make it more airy & light feeling as well.

But the link to Susan's blog that new12soap posted will give you a lot of great recipes & info.

Latest posts

Back