Looking for a straight cucumber FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this, but all I found after searching were posts about cucumber melon or other blended scents.
I currently have a ton of cucumbers in my garden, so it's time to make my summer 'Garden Cucumber' soap. But I haven't been happy with the cucumber FO's that I've tried so far as I'm going for a straight "Fresh Cucumber" scent without any sweetness or other notes and I'd like a scent that holds well in CP.
What I've tried:
Peak Cucumber Cantaloupe - yeah, I should have known better but it DID get good reviews for smelling cucumber-y. Live and learn...
Natures Garden Cucumber Splash - Better, but still not that fresh cucumber smell I'm looking for, and the scent faded considerably in my cured soap.
So if anyone knows of a really good cucumber FO, please let me know before I waste more time and money making batches of cucumber soap that just smell 'meh' :)

I've only tried the one from Brambleberry, I think it's cucumber kiwi? It's sweet and perfumy and not what you'd want... But I just wanted to say hi! ::wave:: ☺️

I am also a "straight" cucumber fanatic - love cuke, hate melon notes - and have tried them all. The only ones I think are worthwhile are Sweetcakes Econocuke and Oregon Trails Crisp Cucumber. Econuke smells great and holds well but accelerates like crazy. When soaping it I do everything possible to avoid trace - soap cool, full water, slow trace mix, etc. Last time I even added lecithin. I don't know if that was it but it was fine in that batch and even allowed a two color swirl.

I hate OT customer service with a passion and will not order from them anymore. Which kind of sucks, because their Crisp Cucumber is v. good, sticks hard, and is easy to work with. Would that the owners were as well.

Last edited:
I have NG Aloe Cucumber and it smells more cucumber than anything else. Let me check to see if I have any left and I would be happy to send a sniffy to you. I'll check when I get home. I made a shampoo bar out of it.

Cerelife, I just tried the Econocuke soap that I mentioned above. Not sure why, but this time (after about an 8 wk cure), there is NO scent in the bar. I would not even have realized it *was* cucumber if not for the notes w/the soap. So maybe nix that one.

Latest posts

Back