Looking for a stamp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! You got me thinkin' about making my own stamps, that tutorial makes it look pretty easy. Thanks Green Soap!

Great thread, thanks! Lovely wife and far far eastern, mysterious, sometime soap assistant found it timely as she is in charge of future packaging schemes and just tonight signaled that a stamp would be interesting. Lo and behold!

Ok, well I said I'd post a pic, so here goes...

My Stamp (sorry I didn't wash it before taking this pic!):

Stamp.jpg

Soap stamped with it:

StrawberryCPN.jpg

Beautiful! strawberry soap!

Are you going to make a different stamp for each scent? I like the ball inserts too. Do you scoop those or hand form them?

I have not taken a picture of my stamp because it is always dirty...LOL

green soap said:
Beautiful! strawberry soap!

Are you going to make a different stamp for each scent? I like the ball inserts too. Do you scoop those or hand form them?

I have not taken a picture of my stamp because it is always dirty...LOL

Thanks GreenSoap :)

I don't think I'll make a stamp for each scent, I don't stamp all my soaps. The ball embeds are hand rolled.

Show us your stamp please! C'mon... ;)

dOtty, that is a fantastic soap! How do you get a "clean" looking stamp? Mine never look clean, I am always picking out the extra soap pieces!

Soapy Gurl said:
dOtty, that is a fantastic soap! How do you get a "clean" looking stamp? Mine never look clean, I am always picking out the extra soap pieces!

Soapy Gurl, I stamped this soap when it was 2 or 3 days old as it was way too soft to do sooner. I did a 'test' on a scrap piece that was left over straight after slicing the log and the stamp didn't come out nicely. It had dags, and pulled a lot of soap out with it, if that makes sense...

Okay, that makes sense. How hard is your stamp? Mine is rubbery, it is a regular stamp and I wonder if it would work after the soap hardens a little.

Soapy Gurl said:
Okay, that makes sense. How hard is your stamp? Mine is rubbery, it is a regular stamp and I wonder if it would work after the soap hardens a little.

I haven't had ANY luck with rubber stamps. Maybe someone else on here can contribute?

My stamps are made with epoxy resin, so it's ultra hard.

I stamp them around half way trough cure. I know what you mean by the dags, if the soap is dryer you can just brush those away, if it is not they stick everywhere. Also, if the soap is too soft it can deform when I stamp it.

Ruth, I think you did a great job! I may just give it a try after seeing yours. I want a bunny stamp and don't know if I am capable of drawing one. I have the little one I use that is always messy, but I love the image. Would it be possible to stamp the stamp?

Latest posts

Back