Looking for a stamp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasues

Reaction score
We would like to stamp our handcrated CP soap Any know where to find one. I have googled but am coming up with metal stampping equipment

http://duhbe.com/blog/2011/04/diy-custo ... #more-3034

I made my own stamp by following the information in this nice blog/tutorial. It still needs some perfecting, but I have been using to stamp my soaps.

The technique requires to carve a 'sacrificial' soap, so you have to have some carving skills. Also remember, the simpler the better as far as pattern transfer.

Well, I'll be a Monkey's Uncle! If that doesn't look like a very do-able tutorial for making soap stamps, I don't know what does.

Thanks a heap for posting that greensoap! I think I got all the ingredients to try one out! Well all the ingredients except for one key thing...Time. Maybe over next weekend I can try it.

Thanks again for posting that!

Brambleberry has some very nice soap stamps as well.

Also- the rubber stamps that you can find down the scrapbooking aisle of most craft stores work well, too. I use them quite often with great success. If you decide to use them, just make sure to stamp when the soap is still somewhat fresh with some 'give' to it, otherwise you won't get a good impression.

IrishLass :)

Thank you for that tut, its very informative, better than the tortuga soap one. I'm going to give it a try.

You are all very welcome. We should thank the person that made the tutorial!

Here is the stamp I designed on an early version of 3 soaps (honey-oatmeal, chocolate, and autumn spice). Now I bevel the edges and use a silicon liner, but the stamp is the same. It did take me three tries to get it though, and I will do a fourth.

trio1 by rosetalleo, on Flickr

green soap said:
http://duhbe.com/blog/2011/04/diy-custom-soap-stamp/#more-3034

I made my own stamp by following the information in this nice blog/tutorial. It still needs some perfecting, but I have been using to stamp my soaps.

The technique requires to carve a 'sacrificial' soap, so you have to have some carving skills. Also remember, the simpler the better as far as pattern transfer.

Much thanks for sharing Product looks great

green soap said:
You are all very welcome. We should thank the person that made the tutorial!

Here is the stamp I designed on an early version of 3 soaps (honey-oatmeal, chocolate, and autumn spice). Now I bevel the edges and use a silicon liner, but the stamp is the same. It did take me three tries to get it though, and I will do a fourth.

trio1 by rosetalleo, on Flickr

Much thanks looks great

where could I find the tools he is using? just at the craft store?

which tools did you use, green soap? I know where to get an xacto knife and that pen with the rounded point (embossing tool I think?)

Oh thanks for the compliments :oops:

I used one of those bamboo skewers with very pointy ends to make kebabs with, the ones that you soak in water before grilling your meat or veggie chunks. I am sure there are better tools out there, but that worked, and the price was right. It was difficult to maintain an even depth with it though, so on my next stamp I'll try to get something with a depth stop or mark of some type.

I find it easier to carve dark soaps, as she said in the blog, and make sure the soap surface you carve is very flat. I polished some with sandpaper because my saw leaves marks. I use a pastry cutter now, a little better, but also leaves marks, so the soaps get polished before carving.

Wow, beautiful looking stamp! I wish I were that artsy... I feel like I have to buy one to get anything decent looking, lol.

I actually have a lot of good things to say about Anhoki on Etsy. I got a stamp from her that I love, and she was very kind to boot. I'm going to get some ideas for custom stamps developed in the next couple weeks and see if she can fashion some for me. She said you can email her what you want, and her husband will see if the stamp-making machine will be able to do it.

VERY IMPRESSED!

Thanks for linking the tutorial. I have made a soap stamp following that method and I'm ecstatic!

Many thanks!!

dOttY said:
VERY IMPRESSED!

Thanks for linking the tutorial. I have made a soap stamp following that method and I'm ecstatic!

Many thanks!!

You are very welcome, I am glad this helped! making your own stamp is empowering, isn't?

Have you stamped any soaps yet? How about a picture?

green soap said:
dOttY said:
VERY IMPRESSED!

Many thanks!!

You are very welcome, I am glad this helped! making your own stamp is empowering, isn't?

Have you stamped any soaps yet? How about a picture?

Yes, definitely empowering, and I love how you can make UNIQUE stamps! I will post pics when I use the stamp I've made :)

Latest posts

Back