Looking for a recipe without coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank all of your for your compliments. Paul, I haven't used them yet, don't I need to wait a couple weeks? Tell you want, I really am anxious to use them. That recipe made a beautiful textured bar of soap, it just popped out of the mold the next morning and I didn't even make it till late the night before. I went ahead and beveled the bars shorly after taking them from the mold and they are really nice and hard and shiny. The soaps I have made in the past were all pretty soft. I was getting a lot of lather when I was cleaning up the mess, so I think they are going to be very nice. I wish I have made 24 bars now instead of 12. Boy! I'm telling you, after I mixed the lye solution with the oils, I had to really get with the program. It really traced extremely quickly, I don't really know how I got the hearts to work as well as they did. Just lucky this time, I guess. I am going to be using this recipe again, for sure!
Thanks again to all.
Jean

What did you use to get the lovely pink color?

(I think it's pink... could be my monitor :oops: )

Jean said:
It really traced extremely quickly, I don't really know how I got the hearts to work as well as they did. Just lucky this time, I guess.
Modesty. :)

I filed your hearts how-to away. :)

Yes, the soap is pink. I have concentrated liquid spectrum coloring and I just stuck my skewer tip into the red and picked up very, very little and added to about 1/3 of the soap. Didn't think that was enough, so did the same thing again. Then I did the same thing with yellow and stirred. Probably less yellow than red. I am so hoping the color stays like it is now. So far, so good. Oh yes, I did add 1 1/2 tsp. T.O to my water before I added the lye.
This was originally meant to be a two layer soap, but when I poured in the pink soap, it sank down into the base. Then I did the dots of white soap on top and waited a bit before I put in the dividers. To tell you the truth, I doubt if I could repeat this, but I sure am going to try. Probably today.
Thanks, Jean

cool beans! :lol:

I'll try this one for sure in the future, once I start experimenting with colors!

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

They are pretty. The color and the harts. Hand stir will help with fast tracer. Do you have to trim the sides where the divider os off?

I am going to hand stir the batch I'm going to make today. I did bevel all 12 sides of the bar, just because I think it looks more professional. Just to keep you all up to date on my second batch, IT DIDN'T WORK! I know why though, it really got thick in a hurry. I had decided to add a little of Paul's sugar syrup and about a TBS Wheat Germ Oil, so I don't know for sure why it got so thick so fast. Anyway, to make a long story short, the batter has to be pretty thin for the hearts to work. Of course, this can be tricky too because if it is too thin, it will just sink down into the soap. I'm going to try one more time while everything is fresh on my mind.
Jean

Back