Looking For A Really Great Sweet Orange FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used it myself but I've purchased a bar of soap from a shop and I happen to know from their YouTube channel that it was Satsuma orange from Nurture Soap. And it is a wonderful orange scent that hasn't faded in the time I've owned the bar.

The did a tiger swirl design with it and they put LOTS of clays in their soap. So... it probably soaps well but if you stand by the idea that kaolin or other clays can anchor fragrances, then maybe double check the reviews for it.

I've never used it myself but I've purchased a bar of soap from a shop and I happen to know from their YouTube channel that it was Satsuma orange from Nurture Soap. And it is a wonderful orange scent that hasn't faded in the time I've owned the bar.

The did a tiger swirl design with it and they put LOTS of clays in their soap. So... it probably soaps well but if you stand by the idea that kaolin or other clays can anchor fragrances, then maybe double check the reviews for it.

Ive used Satsuma from Nurture for awhile. For me it fades although I love the scent.

Not sweet orange but blood orange and goji berry from Aztec is my favorite, long-lasting orange scent

I need to try this one. I have had it on my list from when you recommended it in the past. Maybe a blend of this and something else will give me what I’m looking for. A sweet fruity orange scent.

Sweet orange is rich in Vitamins C and energy, so why we all missing it, in this pandemic situation, all of we need to serve Orange fruits, seed, and oils. Thanks

In my FO tests, the scent of NS Satsuma at 3% is very light after 3+ months. I have the best luck with orange wax, but it doesn’t give an especially bright or sweet orange. I haven’t tried it with a sweet floral, which might help to round out the scent.

Same experience here. Even when used at 1 oz ppo. I also have Blood Orange from WSP. Hmmmm... I wonder if mixing with a bit of a great honeysuckle fo would achieve what I’m looking for. I’ve been wanting to try a honeysuckle for awhile now but not sure the best supplier for that one. Reviews have been conflicting.

Same experience here. Even when used at 1 oz ppo. I also have Blood Orange from WSP. Hmmmm... I wonder if mixing with a bit of a great honeysuckle fo would achieve what I’m looking for. I’ve been wanting to try a honeysuckle for awhile now but not sure the best supplier for that one. Reviews have been conflicting.
The Wild Honeysuckle Raspberry from Midwest Fragrance is holding well in my CP. It also behaved well.

Ive used Satsuma from Nurture for awhile. For me it fades although I love the scent.
Satsuma from Nurture soap has also faded for me in CP.
I bought Satsuma from Wholesale supplies but have not tested it by itself, same as Blood orange from Nature’s garden. I do like Yuzu from Elements Bath and body, though it is not specific orange but a blend of citrus scents. It is still strong after 5 months. Also liked orange clove from WSP (it has 3% usage rate), and it still smells strong though it has only been a few weeks, so too soon to tell.

Wow, so many of you had bad luck with NS Satsuma. I had it stick in a beer soap for 6 months, at which time the last bar from the batch was used. I've only blended it other than that beer soap so I'll note it probably will fade, at least on it's own.

As @glendam said, yuzu is a nice citrus scent. I use and like BB Yuzu. I've also used Blood Orange & Goji from WSP and like that one too. I haven't had it for awhile, but I think it stuck pretty well.

In my FO tests, the scent of NS Satsuma at 3% is very light after 3+ months. I have the best luck with orange wax, but it doesn’t give an especially bright or sweet orange. I haven’t tried it with a sweet floral, which might help to round out the scent.
I want to update on my experience using NS Satsuma FO. I recently started using a larger full size test bar that I made 5 months ago with Satsuma at 6%. I like the scent and at this percentage it’s holding well enough that I will buy it again.

I want to update on my experience using NS Satsuma FO. I recently started using a larger full size test bar that I made 5 months ago with Satsuma at 6%. I like the scent and at this percentage it’s holding well enough that I will buy it again.
Good to hear - so maybe I'm not completely crazy thinking it lasts longer than what others were saying.

Back