Looking For A Realistic, Beautiful Jasmine Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m looking for recommendations for a really beautiful jasmine fragrance that sticks. I’ve had people request a Jasmine scent. I know that Confederate Jasmine from OT has been recommended before. For those who have used that one how does it compare to other Jasmine fragrances. Thanks for any feedback.

Can't give you a recommendation on Jasmine FOs, but if you order from OT, be sure to get at least a sample of the Peche da Vigne - such a soft, realistic peach scent. I'm not typically a fruit-scent person, but that one is just beautiful. Love their Mysore Sandalwood, too. I also like their Bonsai and Coffee.

If they still offer the 5-sample option, that's a great way to test some of their scents at a reasonable price.

Can't give you a recommendation on Jasmine FOs, but if you order from OT, be sure to get at least a sample of the Peche da Vigne - such a soft, realistic peach scent. I'm not typically a fruit-scent person, but that one is just beautiful. Love their Mysore Sandalwood, too. I also like their Bonsai and Coffee.

If they still offer the 5-sample option, that's a great way to test some of their scents at a reasonable price.

Thank you @AliOop I have ordered from them twice before. My first order included Peche de Vigne, Mysore Sandalwood, and OMH. My second order was a reorder of all of the above plus Bonsai and Sapmoss. 😂 I love them all. I agree the PdV is amazing. You really want to take a bite of it! I’ve had my cart filled and emptied about a dozen times so far. The shipping is just insane to the EC. I didn’t see a sample offering but I’ll look again as that would be helpful so I could try both their Jasmine scents.

Not sure how far this is helpful but you could also look for a "Mogra" fragrance if you are unable to locate a nice Jasmine one. Its the same species as the Jasmine plant, just a different variety and very close to the fragrance of Jasmine. I personally dig it :D

I am not a fan of florals, so this might be a moo point, but I did try Jasmine from Nature's Garden and disliked it so much, both out of the bottle and in the soap I made with it. It did stick, so I had to throw away the bars.
However, I have a small sample bottle of Sweet Jasmine vine from Lone Star Candle, that I am tempted to try, it does smell better oob, but since I have not tried it, not sure about its staying power.

Funny I have just been researching jasmine, and there are 2 or 3 different varieties. Bulk Apothecary sells the Grandiflorum (Spanish) and the Sambac (Arabian).

The Sambac is usually what I like best, because it has a small musky note to it that tames the floral. But I recommend getting samples of both to see which you prefer. I have not purchased those from them yet but I plan to. I had to do the same with their couple of eucalyptus varieties. :)

I have also ordered the Jasmine from NG. I did not like the smell! I only used it in making tart melts. My sister loved it, so I gave them all to her. I recently ordered some Jasmine from TFC, I love the way it smells. I have just recently started making soap, I am definitely going to try it in my next batch.

I might be too late with a recommendation, but I like both The Grim Reaper and Femme Fatale from Nurture. Femme Fatale has notes besides jasmine (but jasmine is predominant to me) and is especially lovely, easy to work with, not overpowering or perfumy and sticks well. I'm not hugely into florals and I think they are both nice.

Came back to mention I just got Honeysuckle & Jasmine from The Flaming Candle and I love it. It’s equal parts of both as far as how I smell it. I know you probably are looking for the single note jasmine but figured I’d share. =)

Came back to mention I just got Honeysuckle & Jasmine from The Flaming Candle and I love it. It’s equal parts of both as far as how I smell it. I know you probably are looking for the single note jasmine but figured I’d share. =)
I love the Honeysuckle Jasmine from TFC, the stand alone Jasmine smells really good 😊

Hands down my favorite is from The Flaming Candle. It is less soapy smelling and more realistic and loaded with indol, the aroma chemical responsible for the intense jasmine scent.

Thank you to everyone for all the feedback. Looks like TFC version is getting lots of good reviews! Now to research what else I need to try from there. No use ordering just one fragrance. 😂
They've got some good scents, but definitely check out the IFRA descriptions for soap, as their products are more geared toward candles. But they have some great options! There are pretty Jo Malone dupes in their collection. Also, they have a fragrance sampler bundle where you can designate which scents you would like and it saves some money. I highly recommend you test their fragrances this way.

Back