Looking for a, just mowed the lawn, grass FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makemineirish

Reaction score
I requested a sniffie of Grass Stain from Bramble Berry and was a bit disappointed. I understand that it is not always fair to judge a scent by its OOB aroma, but a few reviewers have seconded this opinion. (A keyword search of the forum just took me to a thread likening Grass Stain to banana Laffy Taffy.)

A second thread addressed this issue, but suggestions were in short supply: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=604479#post604479. The reviews on the Soap Scent Review Board were limited and not that promising.

I can use Fragrance Oil Finder to establish who carries the scent, but not the relative quality. I am hoping to mine the collective wisdom for some additional feedback and guidance. If any of you have stumbled onto an realistic one-note replication, please clue me in.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
I use Fresh Cut Grass FO from WSP. To my nose, it's a perfect one-note replication of a freshly mown lawn. I like to make a layered soap with it, using their Dirt FO to scent my bottom layer.

IrishLass :)

^^ Yup. Exactly what IrishLass said. Except the part about ACTUALLY using it with the Dirt FO. I intend to do that, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I made a "Snake in the Grass" soap a few months ago using the WSP Fresh Cut Grass. The pour was an utter failure, it doesn't look like snakeskin; however, it is dead on with the grass smell! Gosh, I want to roll around in that stuff. It really does smell like someone cut a lawn in the kitchen. (Why does that sound kind of inappropriate?)

I use Fresh Cut Grass FO from WSP. To my nose, it's a perfect one-note replication of a freshly mown lawn. I like to make a layered soap with it, using their Dirt FO to scent my bottom layer. :)

Thanks for this. I admit that I am one of the few people on this forum that does not usually order from WSP. Do you have any other favorites from them to justify the shipping (or to tip me into the free shipping category:))?
Save

I've purchased several FO's from WSP, but my favorites so far, that I'm definitely going to buy again are:

Indonesian Teakwood
Cashmere and Cotton ( you need a lot, though, to get it to stick)
Lemon Verbena
Coconut Lime Verbena
Autumn Lodge (LOVE this FO)
Sandalwood

I'm on the fence about Double Mint. I really like it, it's fresh and minty (a great wake up soap) but I'm not sure if I would use much of it. I've still got most of my 4 oz bottle left. It might be good to mix with a nice chocolate FO if I can find one.

Gosh, I want to roll around in that stuff. It really does smell like someone cut a lawn in the kitchen. (Why does that sound kind of inappropriate?)

Fantastic! I am planning to order some, but just would just as soon take the opportunity to get anything else from WSP that I should try. Do you have any favorites worth mentioning?

Edited to add: I apologize. I must have been typing my post at the same time that you were anticipating my question. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
If you're looking for fresh cut grass smells, may I suggest that thats what the WSP Wasabi smells like to me?

My favorites from WSP are harvest ale, buttered rum, sugar plum, and santa's pipe

When it comes to a grass scent I like BB's Grass Stain and also NG's Fresh Cut Grass. Both stick well for me. I like to blend with florals for a "flower garden in the freshly mown lawn" type scent. My favorite is Fresh Cut Grass with Fresh Cut Roses or Victorian Rose (all from NG) that I call Grass 'n Roses. My funny little spin on Guns 'n Roses, lol.

From WSP I like their black raspberry vanilla and lemon verbena together, I like their Love Spell, Barber Shoppe, Eucalyptus Spearmint, Deluxe Vanilla, Clove fo. Caribbean coconut is a well rated coconut. I love the pink grapefruit, vanilla bean noel, warm vanilla sugar, and the nag champa is also a hit.

I order a lot...

My other WSP faves are:

Sugared Spruce
Violet Bouquet
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Sun & Sand
Endless Love
Happy
Green Tea & Cucumber
Mango Sorbet
Midnight Pomegranate
Midsummer's Night
Peppermint Stick
Raspberry Lemonade
White Tea

IrishLass :)

My favorites from WSP are Raspberry Lemonade and Fifty Shades. I also use their Bay rum for a customer who loves it. I can also second the Fresh Cut grass from NG and the Fresh Cut Roses.

Latest posts

Back