Looking for a few good online soapmakers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judilynn said:
Tabitha said:
Judi, the mod team has had a stressful day, maybe we should stop by your house for maragrittas.

BTW: (Hijack in progress) I am looking for a great lime margaritta scent. Anyone know of one?

I don't have any maragrittas, but I have a few bottles of ice wine I have been saving :)

I am really surprized how much people are snapping up my keylime scent of anything. It seems to be so popular this season. I didn't make enough for my last show.

Tab, between you and I and the rest of the Mod Team, come on over to our house in about 3 hours, and you can get a TRUR Margarita scent! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Ice Wine???????????? Holy crap I love that stuff!!! Can never find it around here! Yes it has been a bit of a stressful day!!! But it is friday tomorrow, for those of us who still have to hold down a mortal job :roll:

Judilynn,

That is funny about the lye soap. I've actually heard people say that to me. I know of a woman here in MN that sells soap. Not sure how long she has been doing it but she uses the basic oils (olive, palm, coconut) and doesn't color her soaps with synthetic dyes or natural colorants either. She just changes the soap scent using different EO's. She is probably the most successful person I've known in my area in the soap business. She sells at the largest farmers markets, she sells at the Renaissance, and she sells at the State Fair (not sure where else she sells, just know where I've seen her) and each time I visit her booth her soaps are flying off the shelves.

I've been making soap for almost 5 years. One thing that irritated me when I first got into soapmaking is that some soapers treat it like "Rocket Science" and it isn't. There are important aspects to the soapmaking business (insurance is one of them), but to be successful depends on so many things. I was lucky from day one. I purchased a soapmaking kit, made the soap, it turned out great, and I gave it all away. Then the orders came and I've been selling to friends and family and even strangers since day 1. I never sell a bar from a batch of soap that I and my family haven't first tested on ourselves. My grandmother also made soap, but I wasn't fortunate enough to learn her secrets. :(

I think what you are trying to do is really great. I like it when I see people who want to share their knowledge with others and help people in any fashion that they can. It is what makes for a great soapmaking community. That is the one thing I find wonderful about this forum and the people I've seen posting, everyone is very open to questions and give very honest answers.

I wish I could be of help in your ebook venture but I really don't have that much valuable advice. I love making soap, so I make it. It sells itself because more and more people love natural products and products that are not damaging the environment. The one tip I could offer is: give a bar away first. Thats how it worked for me. I always made sure I gave someone a bar before they purchased one (not the same for online orders of course). But it shows them that you have confidence in your product and confidence that they will want more from you after they try it. And guess what, they almost always do :wink:

The lady I talked about in the beginning of my post... always has free samples.

SORRY, I GOT CARRIED AWAY IN MY POST.. ADMIN FEEL FREE TO DELETE :oops:

dragonfly princess said:
Ice Wine???????????? Holy crap I love that stuff!!! Can never find it around here! Yes it has been a bit of a stressful day!!! But it is friday tomorrow, for those of us who still have to hold down a mortal job :roll:

Ice wine is great, isn't it? I get it at home cheap. Nearly flipped out when I saw the price they wanted for it here in the south! So I stock up when I go home :)

Tomorrow is Fri Yeah!

Soapmaker Man said:
Judilynn said:
Tabitha said:
Judi, the mod team has had a stressful day, maybe we should stop by your house for maragrittas.

BTW: (Hijack in progress) I am looking for a great lime margaritta scent. Anyone know of one?

I don't have any maragrittas, but I have a few bottles of ice wine I have been saving :)

I am really surprized how much people are snapping up my keylime scent of anything. It seems to be so popular this season. I didn't make enough for my last show.

Tab, between you and I and the rest of the Mod Team, come on over to our house in about 3 hours, and you can get a TRUR Margarita scent! :lol: :lol: :wink:

You're a little too far away though. :(

Yes, we Mods.. had an interesting day... we all need a drink.. or two.. three.. four.. five.. lol

I am not sure about this book interview. I read a small interview in my soapmaking for profits book...

couldnt people just read that in order to learn some basics about business?

Attend SBA meetings, visit their local SCORE?

Chamber?

I love helping people in this industry but their is a limit to help. I have been taken advantage before and lost the name of my past business. I just dont want to revisit the past....

Sorry, but I think I am going to pass... good luck..

Latest posts

Back