LOOK WHAT I UNMOLDED TODAY!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwahlne

Reaction score
Is it bad if you are taking off days of work to come home and make soap? I did that the past 2 Fridays.... :?

This is what I made yesterday and just unmolded. Yea! Weird, hunh? BUT I LOVE IT! It is scented Cherry Almond.

008-0001c.jpg

Thanks guys!

Yup, all CP. The brown strips are from the beer soap that I made last week and didn't like. As it turned out, the nasty stench of the beer soap DID go away and all I smelled was the FO from that batch, but I didn't like the smell of the FO either. So, I sliced it up and added it to this one.

that does look really cool! howd ya do that!?! whats in it?

kwahlne said:
Is it bad if you are taking off days of work to come home and make soap? I did that the past 2 Fridays.... :?

Only if we can all do it, too!!

Those are cool!!! 8) :lol:

mandolyn said:
Only if we can all do it, too!!

Those are cool!!! 8) :lol:

Hehe! Thank you!

Thanks for all the nice remarks!

IanT said:
howd ya do that!?! whats in it?

The dark strips are pieces of my beer soap that I didn't like. I took a cheese slicer to a bar and shaved off the strips. The red pieces are just part of another batch that I did specifically for this batch. I did an all-red batch of the same recipe and then cut it up. When I did this final batch, I mixed the red pieces in as I poured. Then I took the brown slices and stuck them in. Then I added the "frosting"!

What a GORGEOUS batch of soap! See, I got a thing for layers and embeds, so you've treated my eyes to "candy". They thank you! :lol:

groovy

Hey, that looks really groovy. Love the individual look. You don't follow the masses and I like that! 8)
Can I ask, how did you do the 'frosting' topping? I haven't yet experimented that far. I haven't got past a few molding problems yet. (See - Help with soap mold).

Cheers from Kazza38

Hi kazza!

Thanks! I'm a 14-batch newbie and still experimenting. Trying to come up with ideas.

As for the "frosting", I separated some of the batter from the rest and colored it white with titanium dioxide. At fairly thick trace, I spread it over the top of the already poured batch. Then I took a spatula and sort of gently whipped it up as if I were icing a cake! :)

cooool....

Nice one! Thanks for the inspiration. I might try something like that next time. Keep playing.

Hey, you may come home early on fridays to play with soap, I have an illness that stops me from working a normal job. I can soap all day on my healthy days....... yay for me....... :D hehehehehe in't it great?!!

Latest posts

Back