Look what flew over my house today!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I was on the phone in the kitchen, and happened to glance out the window and saw this flying by. I yelled, "Wait a minute!", threw the phone down, ran for my camera and grabbed this shot. Of course, it didn't help that it was almost in front of the sun, but there it was.....a zeppelin, a blimp! I've only ever seen the Goodyear blimp on TV, so this was quite a surprise. I could hear it's little engine, put putting away, and I tried to see what it said, but couldn't, so I blew it up, and I can read "MOVIE" on the side of it.....but what movie? Do I maybe see a minion on it? I was secretly hoping it would land and they'd offer me a ride, but no such luck. Ah well. It was kind of exciting just to see it.

zeppelin4.jpg

And the things we take for granted...I am so used to seeing blimps flying here in SoCal I wondered why you found it exciting :confused: After reading your full post I know :D. Nice pic of the blimp

Really? You have lots of them? Are they used primarily for advertizing? Maybe it's because I live in a small New England town, and if they are used for advertizing, they're usually flown over larger cities, making it more worth it. Anyway, yes, this is the first one I've ever seen, and it was neat!

Yes, lots of them here in LA as well Navigator. I don't know if they have ads, they are usually too far up for me to see. I much prefer them to the police helicopters that frequently fly overhead. Ah, life in the big city. At least we have good food delivery options :)

You are probably surrounded by beautiful wildlife, and greenery which varies by the season. Lucky bug.

Last edited:
We see lots of blimps in our area, too (for advertising and sports games), but I would have been just as excited as you, Navigator, to see one with a Minion on it. I love the Minions and can hardly wait for their new movie to come out! :grin:

IrishLass :)

I remember the blimp in Houston... I actually got to go up in one (about three feet off the ground) on a preschool trip! I distinctly remember that and a trip to a chocolate maker that year. I think the lot of us would have lost our minds if their had been smurfs (the minions of my day) involved.

They look like so much fun, I'm wondering why there aren't more of them buzzing around. If you look at the picture and tilt your head to the right, can you see the word "MOVIE" on it? I really thought it might be advertizing the Minion movie, but I Googled Minion blimp and this is what I got. Now I would have really flipped if I saw this flying over my house. Can you imagine that great big eye staring down at you? ROTFL [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBfK-CvC9I[/ame]

Back