Loofah soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdc1978

Reaction score
I want to do a loofah CP soap (in a Pringles can). I have three, what I hope are simple questions.

1. Should my batter be at thin trace or thick trace? I watched a soaping 101 video and she did her soap at medium/thick trace, but that seems counterintuitive and reading some of the posts on the site it seems like some people lean more towards pouring at thin trace, so is there a definitive answer?

2. Do I have to wait for the loofah to be like completely dry, so I dry it for a day? I feel like the soaping 101 presenter, Kathy (?) said she dampened the loofah right before she poured the soap over it. But again it seems counterintuitive.

3. I'm assuming loofah comes in all different sizes. If it's a little wider than a Pringles can, so I just squash it in there or should I try to trim it?

TYIA!!!!

I've not done it in a tube style. I have done slices and placed them in individual molds and poured at emulsion. Pouring thinner will make sure the soap gets into the loofa. I've tried it damp and dry but didn't notice much of a difference after cure. For your pringles can I would try to trim it down some to fit without a struggle.

I've not done it in a tube style. I have done slices and placed them in individual molds and poured at emulsion. Pouring thinner will make sure the soap gets into the loofa. I've tried it damp and dry but didn't notice much of a difference after cure. For your pringles can I would try to trim it down some to fit without a struggle.

OMG, thank you for such a concise answer! That makes sense. Fingers crossed that my loofahs are all Pringles can sized ;)

Thank you!

I once had a FO misbehave and seize my batter and couldn't get it to sink into my tube. so lots of loofah area didn't get enough soap. So be careful the FO doesn't cause it to thicken! wouldn't be as much of an issue if it was individual molds.

Latest posts

Back